cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FidoStephane

Playfull_Banner_900x300_E_sRGB.JPG

Hey Community!

We figured we’d give you a head’s up: You can now change your outgoing name display yourself via My Account on Fido.ca.

Express yourselves and personalize your calls with this new feature, whether it's simply putting an actual name or nickname, or going all out to grab the attention of a busy friend.

When you have more than one line on your account, all Call Display names default to the account holder's name. Now, you can change that. Anytime, anywhere. Changing a Call Display name is easy, and it's right at your fingertips.

Sure, go ahead and change your name to Batman. No one’s going to believe you (cause he uses the Batphone, not a smartphone).

How do to it? It’s as easy as 1-2-3 (4-5)

1. Log into My Account
  2. Select the phone line you would like to modify
  3. Select Change My Call Display Name in the header, next to Update SIM card
  4. Enter your new First Name and Last Name. Your Call Display Name should not contain special characters (except comma, apostrophes and spaces), letters with accents, profanity and prohibited words like “Unknown” or “Emergency”.
  5. Select Update. A window will appear showing your new Call Display Name.

Try it out right here 

Our vision is to allow our customer to decide how and when they can manage their Wireless account. That’s why we’re constantly launching new self-serve options in the Fido.ca My Account.

Let us know what you think in Comments section!

-FidoStephane

36 Comments
redfox05
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

How do I undo this option, and just have it display the usual cell phone number, and no name?

OPAL
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

SAME QUESTION. IT SEEMS LIKE FIDO DOENST HAVE AN ASNWER. 

FidoKenny

Hello @redfox05

Sorry to see we didn't get back to you sooner. This post must have slipped through the cracks. I'm glad I could find this to answer you today👍

@OPAL 

To answer the question to you both, this wouldn't be possible.

If the person you are calling has the name display feature included in their plan, your name will always show when you call them.

The only way for them to only see your phone number would be if they only have caller ID.

On our side, it's not possible to remove your name, therefore whatever shows up on the other depends entirely on the features of their plan.

I hope this answers your question. Let us know here if there's anything.

OPAL
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Hi @redfox05,

i did contacted fido tech support department. They did some changes. Now when i call - receiver can see my display name (Full Name) and when i receive all incoming calls they all UNKNOWN. Please advice. 

FidoKenny

Hello @OPAL

For this change, we would need to go over your account to see what was done. You can find all the ways to reach us on our contact page here.

We can also send you a PM here on the Community if it's best for you.

Let us know.

Chanman
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

doesnt allow to change anymore. Does not Work

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Chanman!

Can you provide us with more information so we can get to the bottom of things? We'd need to know if you're encountering any error messages or what step exactly isn't working.

Keep us posted please and don't hesitate to post this directly on the Community General Support thread instead of as a comment on our blog so that other members can help you! Smiley

Chanman
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

i remember that i was able to change my caller id name for people to see when i call them when i go on the app or on my pc.

but now i just dont seem to find anyway of changing it freely.

i havent recieved any error messages.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Chanman! Philippe here.

Can you tell us what steps you take to try and change your call display?

Have you followed the steps above? If yes, what happens when you do?

Let us know.

Chanman
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

I did the exact steps, and still wasent able to change.

FidoSaira

Thank you for letting us know @Chanman.

Did you try a different browser?

That said, I'll send you a PM shortly so we can look into this with you. Talk soon!

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Burns5

Just a quick follow up in regard to your feedback. We'll be needing more info to reproduce the situation.

I'll be sending you a PM shortly to go over the details with you, thanks in advance for your assistance Smiley

ohjaesang
I'm back
I'm back

Hi.

I already change my call display name on fido homepage but it does not change. 

fix the crazy name. 

How i get the my call display name??

FidoPhilippe

Hey @ohjaesang! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

It can take up to 24 hours for the change to go through. Has it changed for you now?

Let us know.

pov
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Is it still possible? I don't see this option anymore. And it looks like my Call Display name changed to the name in my account from what I set before (my initials).

FidoPhilippe

Hey @pov! Philippe here. Merry Christmas. Smiley

I'll be happy to help you with that! Can you tell me:

• If you're loging-in as the account holder or as a user?
  • If you are logging in as the account holder, do you use your email address to login?

Thanks!