cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FidoCaroline
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community,

By now you’ve probably noticed a couple badges on your profile page. How did you get them? Well, you’ve earned them. Smiley

Badges are like mini trophies earned for different achievements in the Community. For example, you can earn badges for receiving likes, posting solutions, and even just posting questions or comments. Some badges aren’t too hard to get, but some can be pretty tricky.

The badges you’ve earned so far are visible on your community profile. It’s sort of like a virtual trophy cabinet :smileywink:. To get to your profile, simply click on your username on the top right of your screen, and select Profile. Don’t forget to click View All to see all your badges!

Badges.png

The more you participate, the more badges you earn. The more badges you have, the more cred. Wink

Let’s see which badges you can achieve!

-FidoCaroline

19 Comments
zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

I like that it states how many users got that badge as well.

I'm also amazed to see that I wrote over 200 replies... When did that happen? Smiley

FidoStephen

@zyx Glad you like them! Your 217 replies must have happened overnight or something... Wink

MichaelChow
I'm a contributor level 1

So, how many badges are there anywyays? Wished there was a page with all the badges to show Fido users what we need to strive for!

FidoStephane

Hey there @MichaelChow

Welcome to the Community!

There is no master list of all the badges, because we like to keep it a secret Wink

This way you are delightfully surprised when a badge is awarded.

Hint: If you take a look at an MVP's profile page, it will give you a good idea of how many badges are waiting to be earned Wink 

Cheers!

MichaelChow

Wow FidoStephane....you have earned 45 badges since January 4, 2016! You're a pretty busy man!

FidoStephane

Haha thanks @MichaelChow

Pretty busy indeed. I'm trying to beat @FidoStephen's 46 badges lol Only one more to go!

I see you have quite a few badges yourself. Keep it up! 

Cheers

Eatingtime

Hey guys , I am not sure if I have a "community profile "  . I tried to set one up a week ago , but ran into some trouble .  Can you please let me know what I need to do ? 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Eatingtime the that you can post a message here means you have a community profile and you profile name is Eatingtime.

FidoKenny

Hey @Eatingtime Smiley Welcome to the Community Smiley

@KAPABLE-K is right. If you were able to leave a comment here, then you are now registered to the forum.

IF you have any questions for us, don't hesitate to let us know.

Eatingtime

Actually it turns out that I set one up back in the summer.  Who knew! Lol thank you anyway @KAPABLE-K and @FidoKenny I appreciate your help.  

Mike 

Eatingtime

I did forget to click notify me when.....  in my last message.  I went back to edit, but when I checked, the box wasn't checked.  Am I out of luck? This editor is a mess.  

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Eatingtime

After a certain amount of time has passed (after the post is published) the Edit option & "Notify Me When" is no longer available. 

capricarma
I'm back
I'm back

Pretty cool feature to make it fun to cruise the community and engage! Awesome 

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @capricarma

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

These badges are mainly accumulated to build a rep. on our Community! 

jonloo
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Are the badges just for bragging rights???? I only have facebook no twitter does that make a difference

FidoStephen

Hey @jonloo! You don't need Facebook or Twitter to earn badges, actually. All you need to do is participate in the Community by writing posts, starting discussions, answering people's questions, receiving and giving 'likes', etc.

Get to it so you can start bragging Wink

Eatingtime

I have been away for a little while (fire me lol).  Anyway, I just wanted to give compliments on the updates to the text editor here in the past month.  To revisit an old thought, I still wish I was able to make some small edits to a post after more than 30 minutes. Example changing the word "Nougat" to "Samsung's version of Nougat" can make a post I have written a lot better and more accurate.

FidoFaiza

Hey @Eatingtime! Thanks for the suggestion. I will pass it along. Thanks Smiley

Eatingtime

@FidoFaiza thank you very much