Introducing Profile Plus

Introducing Profile Plus

Community Manager
5 Comments

**UPDATE MAY 25, 2018 - PROFILE PLUS & KLOUT HAVE BEEN SUNSETTED. MORE HERE.**

Hey Community!

We’re happy to announce a new functionality that integrates your community account with Klout!

What is Klout, you ask? Well, Klout measures and scores your online influence on social media. Think of it as your online score.

What’s really cool about Klout is that it also evaluates your expertise in certain topics on top of letting you choose your areas of expertise/interest and let others know. You can now reach out to members who have the expertise you are looking for or interact with others that share the same expertise as you! What better way to show your cred?

Ready to connect?  Click here to get started. 

Keep in mind, we’ll need to be a little patient with this since the tool needs some time to calibrate and figure out what your areas of expertise are. But once it gets going, this feature can be really useful. Smiley

Take a look for yourself and connect your profile to Klout today!

Heads up for those who don’t want to share their Social Media profiles; you can disable that feature. Wink

So, what’s your score?

-FidoCaroline

Comments
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Eatingtime
I'm a Contributor Level 1

My Klout score is "huh"? 

Took me a while but I got my profile set up.  I understand that much now I guess, but what I am still unsure of, is what is the overall purpose of Klout.  I am hoping that someone who has been using it for a while might be able to explain? 

Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Eatingtime!

The Klout Score is a number between 1-100 that represents your influence on social media and is the accumulation of your influence across all your networks. Adding networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) improves your ability to spread your influence, which helps your Klout score.

Let me know if you still have questions. Smiley

Well, overall I am just unsure about the overall purpose.  I guess I understand what it is now, I suppose I am just so careful about my online privacy that I am a little bit reticent to link accounts to things when I don't absolutely have to.  

This just might be a problem with some other folks who are considering setting up as well 

Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@Eatingtime The overall purpose is just to show your influence on social media, as well as your fields of expertise. Users who don't want to link their accounts are free to disable this feature. Smiley