Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

FIdo-Google-BlogBanner-AN.PNG

Hey Community!

We know that some of you have been asking, and we’re super stoked to let you know that Pixel, phone by Google, will be available at Fido as of October 20!

Pixel is the first phone that brings you the Google Assistant. Your Assistant knows everything from the web, and how to get stuff done in the real world — from playing that song on the way to the concert to identifying the fastest route to the theater and finding the perfect spot nearby for a bite afterward. Just say “OK Google” or touch and hold the Home button to start.

Never run out of space for all your photos and videos. Store unlimited photos and videos taken from your Pixel in Google Photos at full resolution for free. This special offer is only available for your Pixel.

THE SPECS

PixelSpecs.PNG

HOW TO RESERVE

Waste no time and reserve yours now using the Fido Reservation System. Click here to reserve yours. Find out everything you need to know about the reservation system by clicking here.

YOUR PHONE, THAT SIMPLE

Your Pixel is always ready when you are and is fast and easy to use with a clean experience and no unwanted apps or features.

With the highest rated smartphone camera ever, Pixel camera makes it easier than ever to take that perfect shot. Get clear, crisp photos, even in low light. There are lots of cool features to try out too, like Smart Burst, Lens Blur, 4K video and Slo-Mo.

Google Duo, the new video calling app, brings you face-to-face with everyone you care about across Android and iOS. With the Knock Knock feature you can even see the caller before you pick up. Note: Incoming calls will not automatically show the Knock Knock preview on iOS. iOS users will not receive a Knock Knock video preview from incoming calls unless Duo is already open. Outgoing calls will show a video preview to Android contacts only. All users can disable Knock Knock at any time.

Google Allo is a smart messaging app that helps you say more and do more. Bring your personal Google Assistant into any chat so you can look up movies, find restaurants, and get directions.

Pixel Imprint uses your unique fingerprint to unlock the phone fast, giving you instant access to all your apps, texts and emails — and it’s on the back of your phone, right where your finger expects it.

When you need a quick charge, you can get up to 7 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes.

Keep your Pixel smart and secure with at least two years of OS upgrades and three years of security updates from launch.

We’d love to hear what you think! Let us know below in the comments Smiley

-FidoStephen

6 Comments
AaronL
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Are there any pre-order bonus's like many of the other carriers are offering?

FidoKenny

Hey @AaronL and thanks for reaching out Smiley

No bonus is offered with the reservation of that phone.

You can take advantage of the FidoTRADE offer. 

To get more information, you can check our Community blog about it here.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to let us know Smiley

CP94S
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

How will Fido handle software updates for Pixel?  Does it come from Google or will there be delays like other Android phones(other than the Nexus line)?

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ CP94S!

You can check out this thread right here for more information about this. Smiley 

Johnny8
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

i think my Nexus 6p is worth more that ,150 dollars for trade it. It's new. Is that a solid quote ?

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

You can always visit a Fido Store to evaluate the phone, the price they'll give you is what will be offering for your device.