Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

community_blog_ENG.jpg

Hey Community,

We’re all about giving you the tools that make it easier to do business with us. That’s why we’re excited to announce that you can now do even more on Fido.ca; upgrade your device and change your monthly plan!

Just log in to your account on Fido.ca and follow these easy steps. 

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR PHONE

EN1.png

Scroll down a bit and you’ll see an option to change your plan and another one to upgrade your device:

EN2.png

Let’s pretend we’re doing an upgrade. Here’s what you’ll see:

EN3.png

On this step, you can either choose to keep your existing plan or select a new one. We’ll keep our current plan for this example.

EN4.png

Now you can add or remove your add-ons. When you’re done, click Continue on the bottom right.

EN5.png

Now it’s time to let us know where you want it delivered. You can have the device sent to your billing address or an alternate address.

EN6.png

Next, you'll see a summary of your order. Read it over carefully. Smiley  Everything looks good? Click on Complete Order. Next, you’ll see the Payment info page and then a final confirmation page.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PLAN

Here are the steps to follow if you’re just looking to change your plan without upgrading your device. On the My Account page, click Change Plan:

ENPPC1.png

Next, choose your new plan.

ENPPC2.png

Next, you’ll be able to manage your add-ons or add new ones. When you’re done, click Check Out on the bottom right.

ENPPC3.png

There you have it! Changing your plan and upgrading your device has never been easier. We’d love to hear what you think, so drop us a line in the comments below!

-FidoStephen

68 Comments
angs
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

i dont see the change plan option to click

how ca  change my plan?

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @angs & welcome to the Community! Smiley

When you log into your Fido.ca account, select Services, then select your phone number. The Change Plan option will be below the My Plan section.

Let me know if you need any help!

Phil0ry
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Doesn't work, when I click "checkout" it says something went wrong. Can't change my plan.

pingy
I'm a participant level 2

Have literally tried for the last 12 hours to change my plan following the above instructions with no success - just "oops something went wrong".

Frixe

Due to many incidents and inconveniences, Fido advised if I have to watch for the promotions. Now I see this one 10 gb for $60.00. The loyalty Dept promised that they should do something about it for a resolution and credit me the discounts as promised. I have been waiting for almost 3 years. Can someone call me. Please as it is busy and today is the last day. Thanks. My phone xxx-xxx-xxxx

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Frixe you should not post your phone number on a public blog.

Sara55
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

when i go into change my plan the new 10g/$60 is not an option

amin11
I'm back
I'm back

im unable to chanfe my plan to the new 60$ plan , please change it for me  , today is the last day

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Sara55 it will show as $60 5gb that's the plan you want the other 5gb will be added automatically by Fido. It can take up to 2-3 billing cycles before it is added but it will be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think tomorrow is the last date

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi everyone! @KAPABLE-K is right; the 5 GB bonus will be added automatically after 2-3 billing cycles if the plan is changed online. Smiley

naslund2004
I'm back
I'm back

cannot change plan online because it keeps getting timed out.

arotbart
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

There is no 5 gb plan for 60 cad in the list. And in addition, it is timing out now!

NTH25
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Hi, I'd like to change my plan to the advertised special of $60 & 10GB, I don't seem to be able to do via, app, internet or getting through on the 1888#... How can one do this if all avenues of communication to Fido are failing... Disappointing... and a waste of time!

foodcourt
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

very dissapointment with fido, no phone lines, no chat and all the stores are packed.

their servers must be obsolete if they can't handle this much traffic or rogers blocked their server to get maximum clients 

Jgfbkhf
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

What a dissapointing experience with Fido, they don't answer their phones, chat lines give errors, website unresponsive. Leaving as soon as I can.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ALL the providers are experiencing the same thing, not just fido. disappointing: Yes but it was expected since all the companies launched the same plan at the same time, blame them for doing that

Sara55
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

I WAS ON HOLD FOR 3 HOURS AND THEY HUNG UP ON ME.

LeighTavy
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Hello,

With Fido's website, chat and telephone services down, will Fido be extending the deal, or honouring it to those who have been trying to switch over for the last few hours or days?

Just like many others, I'm unable to change my plan. When I walked into a Fido store, they told me to call customer service...

Thank you,
Leigh
foodcourt
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

I think they are doing it intentionally as everything else is working on their website