cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FidoStephane

FID200001MA_Frank_and_Oak_CommunityBlog_900X300_E_sRGB.jpg

Hey everyone!

Looking to upgrade your wardrobe this season? Access Fido XTRA in the My Account app and enter daily for a chance to win a $200 Frank And Oak gift card!

Frank And Oak is a Canadian brand of eco-friendly clothing offering quality essentials and a personalized experience. It is committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet through the careful sourcing of sustainable materials and production methods.

Note: The gift card is valid online only.

How will potential winners be contacted?

Keep an eye on your Fido app and make sure your notifications are turned ON! Potential winners will receive an app notification and a message will be displayed right here at the top of the Fido XTRA section as of February 27, 2020. Make it a habit to come back every Thursday to make sure you never miss out.

Good luck everyone!

FidoStephane

No purchase necessary. Contest closes February 19, 2020, at 11:59p.m. ET. Open only to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority. One (1) entry per day per person. Three hundred (300) $200 Frank And Oak gift cards to be won. The gift card is only valid online at frankandoak.com. Math skill-testing question must be correctly answered to be declared a winner. Full contest rules here.

Perks available through Fido XTRA are subject to the Fido XTRA TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

21 Comments
MattinToronto
I'm a contributor level 2

@FidoStephane So I  opened my MYACCOUNT app this evening and recieved a notifcation that I may be a potential winner for this contest.

It also said I need to respond within a time limit or something. Checking in the Xtra section and the inbox section of the app nothing shows up? What gives? Was I not selected to be one of the winners? Maybe I misunderstood the message pop up notification?

FidoStephane

Hey @MattinToronto , 

We'll send you a PM so we can look into this together 

Stay tuned

MattinToronto
Will do According to the rules that I read, I apparently have five business days or I pass on the prize. Frustratingly, the rules don't include who to contact.
FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We'll check it out, sending you that PM now! 

hopefaithluv
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Hi! I am also have this issue too! I got a notification pop up when I opened the app, but I had wifi issues when I was trying to click the redeem button. Now I can't redeem my prize because it's missing from the Fido Xtra history and the pop-up is gone. I have a screenshot of the pop-up page that I got. I'm currently in contact with a fido rep on Facebook Messenger.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @hopefaithluv!

We're aware of the conversation on Facebook. We're going to look into it there not to worry!

kerryb322
I'm a participant level 1

I'm having issues with Fido extra. It won't let me enter any of the contests. How do I fix this?

FidoSaira

Hey @kerryb322

What happens when you try to participate?

Have you tried to reinstall the application?

kerryb322

It just goes to the home Fido screen. I have tried to reinstall

FidoSaira

Do you have any add-block on the account perhaps?

You can also reach out to us through our Social Media channels so we can look into this with you. Alternatively, we can also send you a PM right here.

arpit1203
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Hi @FidoStephane Friday evening I got a push notification on my fido app that I have been selected as a potential winner for the Frank&Oak 200$ card contest. However, on clicking on that link, it disappeared and now no messages regarding same is appearing in my messages or Fido xtra history. I have opened a case via Twitter regarding this but nothing concrete has been found so far.

FidoStephane

Hey there @arpit1203

We are currently investigating and we'll update this thread once we find a resolution. 

Thank you for your patience! 

MattinToronto
Hello Reading the contest terms: In the event that any potential winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified... Five business days will be up tomorrow. Can any Fido Rep provide a concrete answer on how we may claim our prizes? Can you guarantee we will not be disqualified because of the above ? Days of PMs have not rendered a solution. Please and thank you.
FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @MattinToronto!

Just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you Smiley

We're aware of what happened and we're investigating. We'll continue to be in touch via PM once we have some updates for you.

MattinToronto

@FidoNick Being patient is always good advice, however, at this point it been over a week and a half and no one has been able to figure out what went wrong in my case, or - it seems, in the case of these other people.

Waiting a few days to resolve a glitch makes perfect sense, systems have issues, waiting 12+ however makes it feel that you guys are just waiting for people to get frustrated/forget or both? With the legal requirement of running any promotional contest in a manner both fair and transparent this begins to feel as falling short of that.

As an aside to others suffering through the issue, I would not bother trying LiveChat as they are not able to help. They are polite but not trained on how to solve an issue like this. 

arpit1203
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

@FidoStephane : Its been a week since I posted my query here and even more than that since I have raised a case with the Social media team of yours and I haven't heard back. Not sure how long is it going to take to investigate a "glitch" because doesn't look like much is being done to resolve this. Anyway I wasn't very convinced by the last response I got on my case so I should forget that this happened.

FidoStephane

Rest assured everyone, we’re aware of an issue during the week of February 27 to March 4 where some customers received in-app or push notifications about being potential winners in a contest from Fido XTRA but then did not find details of the prize in Fido XTRA. We’re investigating the issue in order to provide a resolution as soon as possible. We apologize for any confusion and we’ll follow up with impacted customers as soon as we have a resolution. 

arpit1203
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

@FidoStephane : Is this still being investigated?

FidoStephane

@arpit1203

We are still working on a resolution. If all goes well we’ll have concrete details by the end of next week. 

Thank you all for your patience 

akoth
I'm back
I'm back

I require help as well. I got a push notification on my fido app that I have been selected as a potential winner for the Frank&Oak 200$ card contest. I completed the math challenge and all required fields. I received a gift card code however when I attempt to redeem it at Frank and Oak it says that the "This gift card number is not valid". Could someone please provide me with some assistance as the card expires on 01 April 2021.