Earn up to $300 per year!

Earn up to $300 per year!

FidoStephen
Community Manager
26 Comments

RAF-en.png

[UPDATE 1/14/2021]

Good news! $50 offer extended for a limited time*!

Turn good friends into best friends by saving together with the Fido Refer a Friend Program.

You’ll both get a $50 bill credit, which is double the credits for a limited time when you invite your friends and they join Fido. Have a lot of friends? The more of them join, the more you save! Up to $300 a year. 😊

So, how does it work?

As a Referrer, you must be an existing Fido mobile customer on a postpaid plan with an account in good standing for 30 days. As a Referee, you must be a new Fido wireless customer, also have your account in good standing for 30 days and have signed up for a wireless plan with an eligible wireless postpaid plan after you were referred.

Have someone you’d like to refer? Visit fido.ca/refer!

For a full list of FAQs, click here.

*Offer subject to change without notice.

Refer a Friend Program Terms and Conditions

Comments
Jsam
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

I referred my brother back in October and even got the email confirming he joined. When I didn't receive any further communication regarding the referral after a month, I called into Fido and was told to keep waiting as perhaps it hadn't been reflected yet. As advised, I continued waiting and called back in January, and was again told to wait until the end of the month. When I called back in February, this is when I was given the support email where I found out the credit was denied. Similar to others, the issue was because my brother had ported his number from his previous provider. My brother sent them a request to update his ported number on his profile. After many unhelpful emails, the support team said they would manually verify it so that the credit could be applied. I have had to constantly send emails to follow up because we don't receive any updates and there is just a lack of overall support from them. It is now reaching the end of March and still no credit received and no response provided by them. 

Can someone please help resolve this issue?

FidoFaiza

Hi there @Jsam! I will send you a PM to look closely into this. Speak soon!

samallen
I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

Everyone beware, Fido's refer a friend is the biggest SCAM

My sister referred me back in October and we haven't recieved our $50 referral bonus. After countless emails back and forth to the USELESS Refer a Friend Support Team, they said that my number on my account was invalid. Which is incorrect because I had my number ported over from my previous provider. This is how they scam you out of the referral bonus. They give you a fido number but then when you port your number over it's no longer valid. I even called customer support and all they did was submit another ticket to the refer a friend team and I'm back at where I started. MAKE SURE YOU STAY AWAY FROM THE REFER A FRIEND PROGRAM.

FidoNick

Hey @samallen!

We understand that porting in a number is part of the process when activating a new account and it definitely doesn't make you ineligible for your bonus! 

If you ported in, you need to contact our referral team to let them know that the number you activated with has changed. They'll then be able to update your profile and you'll get the bonus. 

I hope that helps! 

samallen
I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

Hi @FidoNick,

Yup, I've already done that. I've emailed them several times already clearly indicating that I had my phone number ported from my previous carrier and they still said my number registered to my account is not eligible for any referral bonus. I even called customer support and they just told me to submit another ticket. I've submitted multiple emails to the referral team only to get the same answer that my number is invalid. It's almost as if they are trying to discourage you from trying to get the referral bonus. 

FidoClaudia

Hey @samallen,

Thanks for letting us know. I'll send you a PM as we need to take a closer look at your account to help.

See you in PM!