Earn up to $300 per year!

Earn up to $300 per year!

FidoStephen
Community Manager
26 Comments

RAF-en.png

[UPDATE 1/14/2021]

Good news! $50 offer extended for a limited time*!

Turn good friends into best friends by saving together with the Fido Refer a Friend Program.

You’ll both get a $50 bill credit, which is double the credits for a limited time when you invite your friends and they join Fido. Have a lot of friends? The more of them join, the more you save! Up to $300 a year. 😊

So, how does it work?

As a Referrer, you must be an existing Fido mobile customer on a postpaid plan with an account in good standing for 30 days. As a Referee, you must be a new Fido wireless customer, also have your account in good standing for 30 days and have signed up for a wireless plan with an eligible wireless postpaid plan after you were referred.

Have someone you’d like to refer? Visit fido.ca/refer!

For a full list of FAQs, click here.

*Offer subject to change without notice.

Refer a Friend Program Terms and Conditions

Comments
chemistua
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Do ported-in numbers qualify for the bonus bill credit?

FidoJulien

Hey @chemistua

Ported-in numbers would qualify, yes! 

maestra2002
I'm Back
I'm Back

If you are the Referrer , where do you submit to qualify once a friend has joined Fido?

andyyao3
I'm Back
I'm Back

yes i also would like to know this

NaliniR
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

@maestra2002 @andyyao3  the link to start the referral process is in the OP's post above.

Jen222
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I referred a friend and received an email four days ago saying the referral has been approved and that "a $50 bill credit has been applied to your account", however I still do not see the $50 bill credit reflected anywhere. Could you please help? Thanks!

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Jen222! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

The Refer a Friend credit will normally appear on the invoice following the email you received that confirmed the credit approval. If this is not the case, you can contact us here to take a look or request a PM from the community for support.

I hope this helps!

Wangdawei1117
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi there,

Do not trust this  Fido Refer a Friend Program.

I was referred by a friend last Nov and then I referred to another friend last Nov,  no one received the credit and any response. I contact them via online chat and their referral program and was told those were denied because we put the wrong phone number. that is ridiculous! because we ported from public mobile so fido assigned us temporary phone numbers and fido's agent in the mobile shop put those numbers when applying, not us. so not our fault.  the truth is we did refer friends to fido, now they denied it. I even received an email from Fido saying I successfully referred my friend and now Fido does not want to admit it? so my feeling is Fido cheated us to refer friends and ported from other telephone companies to fido and now would not apply the bonus. I will fill a consumer complaint to the consumer complaint department later.

Also, everyone, just my opinion, doesn't trust this Fido Refer a Friend Program. cause they would deny it and you will feel bad and it will make it as you cheat on your friends.

Jen222

@Wangdawei1117 
Yes, I didn't end up receiving the credit either. I waited until after my next billing cycle ended and ported my phone number out to a different provider after that date but apparently because their system didn't reflect the credit, now that I'm following up when the account is closed, I'm out of luck too.

I also received the credit approval email. Need to be cautious and essentially make sure absolutely nothing in your account changes between the dates and you actually receive the credit before you do anything at all to your account. 

Wangdawei1117

@Jen222 Thanks for the comments. The problem is that my friend and I are still with fido. What disappointed me the most is the way how they treated their customers. I am stuck because I have 2 years contract with them. Also does not worth the time and efforts to deal with this. What a shame!

Jen222

@Wangdawei1117 Sorry to hear about your situation! 

FidoNick

Hey @Wangdawei1117!

We want you to benefit from our promos and we do apologise if this wasn't the case. 

Keep in mind that after you get the referral link and you activate your service you do need to go back to fido.ca/refer in order to complete the referral process.

Did you do that?

We've also sent you a PM and we can continue there Smiley 

Wangdawei1117

Thanks, @FidoPhilippe  and everyone else, problem solved.

pujdo
I'm Back
I'm Back

So I completed the refferal process using temporary phone number given after signing up. But after that I have ported my old number from virgin mobile.Did I made mistake doing that will the credit be applied or not?

FidoNick

Hey @pujdo!

That's fine, but you do need to update your number on the referral portal.

Just visit fido.ca/refer log in, and click on edit profile to update your phone number Smiley 

thePoodleFarmer
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

So if I just bring a family member who is a  B**L customer to a new line on my existing FIDO account and port her B**L number over to my (her) new FIDO line can i get the Refer A Friend credit? I've done that twice now.

Good friends are those who you refer to FIDO

Best friends are those who you add a line for so they can port over from the Dark Side.

🐩

FidoVanessa

Hey @thePoodleFarmer

Your friend would need to activate a line on a separate account but before they do, you would need to register through fido.ca/refer and refer your friend. Smiley

opavak

awesome news!

optome

Hello, if I refer a friend to join, and the new line is added to my existing account, does it qualify for the Refer-a-friend bonus?

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @optome,

No, what you are doing is just adding a line and self-referral does not qualify. 

Your friend will have to get their own separate account in order to qualify.