cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FidoStephane

Hey Community!

Ever find yourself running out of data before the end of your billing cycle? You’re not alone.

What do you do? Hang out in cafes for the free Wi-Fi? Wait out the rest of the month with data turned off? Lock your phone in a drawer?

Those days are over.

Introducing Data Top-Ups!

Data Top-Ups help you stay in control of your data charges. You choose the amount of extra data you need and you’ll know how much it will cost up front. We’ll keep you posted on how much you’ve used and you can add a Top-up 9 times each billing cycle (3 Top-ups at each data amount). All that directly from your phone.

How does it work?

Eligible customers can choose from the following monthly recurring Data Top Up options:

• 300 MB for $10
  • 1.5 GB for $20
  • 3 GB for $30 

To purchase, check out the My Account app on your phone or on Fido.ca. Check out the details.

Data top-ups get you that extra data without leaving you worried about how much it’ll cost. The days of reshaping your data habits at the end of the month are over; it’s Top-Up time!

Enjoy everyone!

FidoStephane

***Not compatible on plans that include Data Overage Protection***

7 Comments
KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Those option compared to the current in market plans overage charges only the $15 for 1GB is the better deal. All your current plan with 1GB and over is $5 for 250mb overage so the $7 for 300mb is not much of a deal.

alexbeau22
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Is it working also when we're outside the country?

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @alexbeau22

These options would be available during your travels if you are using Fido Roam. 

Fido Roam gives you access to your plan just as if you were in Canada and this would also include the data top-up options. 

I hope this information was helpful. Smiley

oliviamcdonald
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

I never recieved a text but wish to use a top up method instead of going over. What can I do??

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @oliviamcdonald

Are you sure your plan is compatible with the data top up? You will not get the text message if your plan is not compatible with it. Smiley

sarahmjfan
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

does it do +7 or +15 to the next bills if i don't overuse after that month?

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Saramjfan,

I responded to your other post here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers