Calling all Fido Home Internet customers…

Calling all Fido Home Internet customers…

Community Manager
39 Comments

HitronCGN3AMF.jpg

Hey Community,

As you all know, the Fido Community has always played an important role in providing valuable feedback regarding our products and services. In that light, we are thrilled to offer our members an exciting opportunity: A chance to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Fido Home Internet Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3AMF)!

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you’re interested in participating, all you have to do is send a private message to @FidoSolutions with the subject line “Fido Home Internet Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”. A member of the Community Crew will contact you with further instructions.

It’s the first time we do something like this, so this is pretty exciting! Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the feedback thread created for this. We’re really looking forward to hearing what you think of the new firmware!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below. Smiley

***Please note - you need to have an account on Fido.ca and be a registered member of the Fido Community in order to participate. To register to the Community, click here.***

Thanks for your continued feedback and support!

-FidoCaroline

Comments
I'm a Visitor NetBeans
I'm a Visitor

Hello,

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for the firmware update to be pushed to my modem. The current version listed in the modem status page is 4.5.8.17 which I believe is the production release version.

I have already sent a PM to @FidoPamela, but posting here in case someone else sees this first and able to help me get the update.

The modem is dropping connections multiple times a day and everytime a reboot is required to bring it back up. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey NetBeans! 

Thanks for letting us know you haven't received your update. I can see that we got back to you in PM so we'll continue there. 

I'm a Participant Level 1 YellowCap
I'm a Participant Level 1

Same here.  Has been 3 weeks but still no update seen.

Saw your PM @YellowCap, we'll get back to you as soon as we can!

I'm a Visitor sebisthebest
I'm a Visitor

I sent a message and I am now waiting to see if I can receive the new Firmware. My internet keeps cutting out for a short period multiple times an hour.

Moderator (inactive) FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @sebisthebest,

Welcome to the Community!

I've replied to your PM Smiley Let's continue over there!

I'm a Visitor billykwc
I'm a Visitor

Hi,

I just join the Fido Internet and want to use the cable modem in brigde mode since I have my own router.

Can I have the firmware update to be pushed to my modem?

Thanks,

Hey @billykwc ,

We got your PM and replied Smiley 

I'm a Visitor sebisthebest
I'm a Visitor

It's been over 3 weeks for me and still no new firmware. Did they ever push the firmware to anyone else? Mine never updated and no new from Fido.

Hey @sebisthebest ,

Thanks for letting us know, we're looking into it!

I'm a Participant Level 1 YellowCap
I'm a Participant Level 1

After waiting for more than 1.5 months, just received the update yesterday afternoon.

I'm Back Preston70
I'm Back

I keep losing internet connection and hope this fixes the problem can I get this please

I replied to your PM @Preston70, we'll set this up for you! 

I'm a Visitor gockies
I'm a Visitor

I would like to participate in the firmware trial to resolve recent dropping out internet issues. Thank you. 

Hey @gockies

Sending you a PM to get you started on the trial.

I'm a Visitor zy215000
I'm a Visitor

Anyone can help me to get it.Thanks!

Hey there @zy215000

The trial is currently over and the firmware has been pushed into production. Meaning that all modems should be on the latest version. You can find more info here

Hope this clarifies.

I'm Back MaksimT
I'm Back

@FidoSolutions Fido Home Internet Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial 

I would like to participate in the upgrade.

Hey @MaksimT

The trial is now over.  If it ever starts again, we'll announce it here!