2 ways to activate Spotify Premium

2 ways to activate Spotify Premium

Community Manager
146 Comments

Hey Community!

How’s everyone enjoying Spotify so far? Wait, what’s that? You didn’t activate Spotify Premium yet? No problem, we’ll show you how.

Here are two different ways to go about activating Spotify Premium with Fido:

3 Ways To Activate Spotify Premium1. Looking to activate Spotify Premium? We’ve got you covered. Click here for a step-by-step guide to help you get hooked up.

2. Already have a Spotify Premium account but just added the $9.99 add-on to your Fido account? Here are the steps to get it hooked up.

So what are you waiting for? Activate Spotify Premium and get rocking! (or jazzing, hip hopping, whatever you’re into).

Any playlists you’d recommend?

-FidoStephen

Comments
I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

Hi, I signed up in October but never got a promo code for spotify.

Hey @houze

Welcome to the Community. 

Do you know if you're currently on a Pulse plan? You can confirm this by texting ``Pulse`` to 222. 

The steps on how to set-up this promotion also vary depending on when you signed up to your Pulse plan. You can check out more details about this here

I hope it helps. Smiley 

I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

Hi @FidoPierre  Yes I am on the Pulse plan.

Replied to your PM @houze. Smiley 

I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Unwelcome bait and switch.

FidoStephan's blog here suggests that all Fido customers are eligible for Spotify premium. Only when one clicks on the provided link do you find that only the Fido pulse plan is eligible.

FidoStephan said:

Hey everyone, Welcome to Fido! Your one stop shop to everything awesome! Now let’s get you hooked up. Speaking of which, have you activated your Spotify Premium account? Don't miss out! Click here for easy instructions on how to activate it!

Miss out indeed.

Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @NoWifi

Can you clarify which blog you're referring to? Your hyperlink just brings us back to this page. Thanks.

I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

Hello,

Ive lost access to spotify, even though it says on my plan im still supposed to have it. Ive tried entering my code at fidohub.ca but just asks me to download app. I already have spotify installed. Help!

Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @strawzy & welcome to the Community!

Have you already tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling it, and then logging back in?

I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

Hi, I just uninstalled, and reinstalled. Still asks me to upgrade to premium.

Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That doesn't sound right! We'll send you a PM to check out your profile and see if we can find something there. 

Talk to you soon! 

I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

My 2 year plan is almost over and my spotify is now back to the free account. Will I have to be paying monthly for it now? I do not want to lose my premium subscription when I renew my contract...

Hey @mcuric,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I hear where you're coming from, however, our free Spotify Premium subscription is a one time promo for first time users. Once the free subscription ends, you have the option of subscribing to it for $9.99/month. 

Let us know if you need anything else.

I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello,

Being a new client with Fido - I received the 6 months free Spotify,, I see how to activate it and set it all up - however just wondering if I can wait for a few months before activating it ? Is there a timeline to activate the free 6 months ?

Month to Month BYOP Pulse Plan Client

Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @brbo

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

The 6 months would start when you activate it. You don't need to do it right away, you can wait until you're ready to do so as long as the plan is still active. 

Hope that helps! 

I'm a Visitor
I'm a Visitor

I previously had a small Fido Pulse Plan. I recently upgraded to a Medium Fido Pulse Plan. I tried to go to FidoHub to get a code for the 6 month a premium Plan for Spotify, but it tells me that’s i should upgrade to Fido Pulse Plan despite already having that plan. I am confused as to why this is happening, as well as curious if I am eligible for the 6 month Premium Plan. 

Hey @apple1997!

Keep in mind you can only benefit from the Spotify promo once, so if you used it in the past you cannot use it again.

When did you first get your Pulse plan?

If it was before October 25th 2017, the start date of the 6 months starts the moment your Pulse plan is active. This can also be why you cannot activate it, as it may have expired.

Keep us posted!

Hey Nick 

Are you sure that Spotify is active from the start

i was told different - it starts when you sign up for the service - also asked when I started if it mattered when you activate through app and was told it does not expire and can be activated when you want to start your 6 months 

Nick see 2 posts prior to yours from FidoPamela

I'd love to clarify @brbo! Smiley 

If you got your Pulse plan before October 25th 2017, it starts as soon as the Pulse plan starts.

If you got it after October 25th, we send you the code and you activate through Spotify. The 6 months starts when you redeem your code Smiley

👍