cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought wrong phone!

ecsero
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

3 days before my son's wedding I bought a Samsung Galaxy A32 phone. I didn't have time to look & see what I was getting. A week after the wedding were the Jewish high holidays & I still didn't have time to look. Before i knew it 3 months has passed when I finally sat down to transfer everything from my old phone to my new one. And that's when my troubles began! The new phone has half the amount of storage as my old phone. I got an SD card but for some reason the data was not transferring automatically to it & I can't transfer my WhatsApp. I called Fido, they suggested I try selling the phone. I tried & almost got scammed. Thank G-d I was wary & had a gut feeling so I told the guy when the money will be in my account I'll send the phone...... Needless to say, I still have my phone. Anyone have any advice? I really want to sell or return the phone & get one with enough storage. I'm at a loss of what to do next. If anyone has any great ideas for me, pls send them my way. 

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @ecsero,

As you already know you are outside the return/exchange window and if you do not want the phone your only option at this time is to sell it. Just make sure you do a cash deal or if the buyer wants to e-transfer just make sure you receive the money before handing it over.

As for your WhatsApp, you should be able to back it up to your Google Drive and then restore it on the new phone, see here for more info.