xperia c issues

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

xperia c issues

xperia c issues

dhavalchamp
I'm a Participant Level 1

xperia c issues

i have my xperia c with me but the internet on it works very slow can anybody please help??

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@dhavalchamp wrote:

i have my xperia c with me but the internet on it works very slow can anybody please help??

***Edited to add labels***

Hello Dhavalchamp,

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, according to GSMArena (and some other sites), that phone is not a LTE phone and does not have any compatible bands/frequencies for '3G'. Also, that phone only has one of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G (band 2, 1900MHz). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

So access to the network will only be 2G and will depend on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers. Since there are no compatible '3G' bands/frequencies or LTE, your data will only transmit via EDGE (2G) and be very slow.

If your phone has different specifications than listed in that site, you may get additional service.

Sorry to be the bearer of this information

Cheers

AdamBeast
Fido Employee

Hi dhavalchamp, 

Is this your phone? 

If it is, according the gsmarena, this phone supports only fido network GSM mode at 1900MHz. Even GSM at 850MHz is missing. 

It is not compatible at all with our 3G aka HSPA network, therefor your internet speed is limited to GSM mode, which is pretty slow indeed. 

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey dhavalchamp

I'll definitely look into that with you!

Are you connected to our fastest network? On the top right of your screen do you see LTE?