wrong time sms messages

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

wrong time sms messages

My messages to my inbox always say they were received four to five hours earlier than they actually were. how can I fix this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 15
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Re: wrong time sms messages

I think this will only help people with Android phones, but this was the only really solution i found for my Galaxy S. SMS Time Fix from the Market didn't really work, changing to manual instead of automatic in the Date and Time settings helps, but screws up the time in other places, like the Calendar app.

My solution was to download the Handscent app from the Market. Handscent replaces your default messaging app. It works great and it's free. Best of all, my messages now have the right time and are threaded properly.

It would be nice if Fido/Rogers could fix this problem so we wouldn't have to find our own third-party solutions, and non-Android users would also have a solution to this problem. But if you are an Android user, this is the best solution I've found, and I actually like the Handscent app better than the default Android messaging service.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

SMS Time Fix (check the Android Market) for me works perfectly, on an imported Galaxy S Captivate. Does not have any ill effects elsewhere at all! Been using it for a year.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 15
Highlighted

I can confirm that this is a Fido/Rogers issues. On 2 different phones I still get SMS messages from Rogers users with a 4 hour behind time stamp; it's not your phone.

Good luck resolving this, I dobt either Fido or Rogers really care.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

this has to be a carrier issue.  I have two Sims.  When one sim is in the phone, the SMS timestamps for a received message  are ok.  When it's the other sim, the SMS timestamps for received messages are off by 4 hours.  

So same phone, same settings, just swapping out the Sim cards and receiving a message shows the problem.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 15
Highlighted

I have the same problem, all my incoming SMS are tagged 4 hours earlier than my local time and are not threaded properly. I called the customer service 3 times and they obviously say it's my phone problem, not theirs.  Hell no, my phone is perfect, unlocked in an A-1 condition, they are just too lazy to check their network parameters. Very annoying. I feel that Fido/Rogers really doesn't care to solve this problem since a lot of people here have the same issue for years.

I will try the Handscent app from Market indeed, it's better than nothing.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 15