why is your website so broken???

idontneedthisbs
I'm a Participant Level 2

Quite a few things you say your customer can do from "My Account" is simply not possible. For example I tried to change my email registered to my account and followed the FAQ on your own site but the option was greyed out and not available. I thought it was maybe an ad-blocker so I used a new Firefox profile with no addon and still not working. I had to finally contact support for such a trivial matter that any **bleep** forum run by kids can handle automatically. I see there is a pinned topic from like 2015 saying the email change function was broken but there's a "X" on the column "resolved". How is it resolved when the option is not even clickable. Seriously.

I will update my SIM card soon, and according to your own FAQ and the little info card I received with the SIM, I should

To change your SIM card

• Click on Change your SIM card under the My Fido Service section.
  • In the dropdown menu, select the Fido number to which you need to update the SIM card.
  • Enter the new SIM card number in the required field.
  • Select Next.

http://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/switch-equipment

but there is NO such option in "My Account" AT ALL. and No i do not have a pre-paid service.

I searched for similar topic and they are from 2010 and 2012-ish. So I'm really not sure if your FAQ is just providing plain wrong info or outdated.

Also every time I click on "My Account" and login your site doesn't even redirect me to the account overview page, all it does is show me a blank white page, and I have to click on "my account" again. The site is also very slow sometimes. SERIOURSLY who coded this new site??? I do remember the old site before this "UI" update and it was way better.

7 REPLIES 7
FidoKevin
Former Moderator

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us on our community forum.

Some of the options you've mentionned not being available should be available right now in MyAccount, let's go through them together :). 

To change your email address, once you've logged in,  you can click on "Profile" to gain access to the your contact information, at the bottom of the page. There should be a little pen that symbolizes an "Edit" button, you should be able to click that to update your email address directly.

To update your SIM card information, once you're logged in and your phone number has been selected, you can hover over "Services" in the top menu, this will bring a drop down for "Mobile" once you've clicked on "Mobile" it should take you to a page where you can edit your SIM card number on file. 

You are correct that site is experiencing some latency issues, we're working around the clock to resolve these for optimal responsiveness. I know it's currently a little slower than usual

Let me know if you have any questions about the steps highlighted above Smiley

idontneedthisbs

But that's what I did??? or tried to do??

I don't know what to say other than what you are describing do not exist.

so here are some pictures with my amazing ms paint skills

http://i.imgur.com/zTbhpYV.png

http://i.imgur.com/KuLXMzl.png

where is "change my SIM" option in that account page??

Hey @idontneedthisbs 

I would like to take a look at your account. 

We can take care of getting this fixed for you ASAP.

I'm sending you a PM now, talk to you soon Smiley

idontneedthisbs

Thanks for the replies Kevin and Kenny.

@FidoKenny I filled the form in the PM.Thanks.

Thanks @idontneedthisbs!

We're on it right now Smiley

ShayanSh
I'm a Participant Level 1

Having the same issues. Can you help me too? The update my sim option is missing...

Hey @ShayanSh !

Welcome to the Community :).

You'll have to create a new Fido account with your email address instead of your phone number, it's super simple! Simply click on Register Now once you click on My Account.

Let me know how it goes !