why is my monthly charge changed to 45 from 40

SOLVED
Jo221
I'm a Contributor Level 1

my phone plan is $40/month. But, I just checked my phone bill this month and my monthly charge had been changed to 45/month which is definitely wrong. I have my contract which is $40/month.I need help.

Accepted Solution

Re: why is my monthly charge changed to 45 from 40

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @Jo221!

Did you have the $40 4 GB plan? Customers with this plan received a bill message notification in August informing them of the increase of their rate to $45 starting on September 15, 2017. This bill message appears on the overview of the cellphone number that is impacted, not on the general account overview page.

We regularly review and make changes to our plans to reflect the ongoing network and service investment. This is so we can continue to give you the best possible customer experience. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
Twinkid1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Click here
I hate you increase the price to 45. I will swich to another provider.

Hey Twinkid1!

We always try to keep our services as low as possible, and we would hate to see you go! Keep in mind that the $45 plan with 4GB of data remains extremely competitive and you can continue to benefit from the plan as you got it when the promo was available Smiley

That said, we can always review your options if you'd like. Let us know and we can send you a PM!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Jo221!

Did you have the $40 4 GB plan? Customers with this plan received a bill message notification in August informing them of the increase of their rate to $45 starting on September 15, 2017. This bill message appears on the overview of the cellphone number that is impacted, not on the general account overview page.

We regularly review and make changes to our plans to reflect the ongoing network and service investment. This is so we can continue to give you the best possible customer experience. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

ntlee
I'm a Participant Level 1

For the month of September, Fido also raised my plan rate from $40 to $45. I believe this is within their rights as explained to me by a Fido representative.

What frustrated me was how Fido wasn't very forthcoming with the bill hike. They claim that as long as it listed on the monthly bill one month in advance (in August), that would be sufficient notice, even if it was buried in fine print on the third or fourth page – claiming that it is the customer’s job to read the bill. Why you are receiving calls, messages, and community posts over and over again is because people are not being 'informed' by your rate hikes.

While I believe what Fido is doing is legal, I don’t its honest in how they deal with these charges. We would receive a text message or email warning us that we receive for call/text/data over usage charges over small transactions – but get no such dedicated notice for a price change for a continued service.

It is only at the point of shock of most consumers do they see their bill increase the following month. Should they have been ‘informed’ about this earlier than simply having ‘received’ the message, I believe more consumers would use this information and consider changing their plan or service provider. 

With regards to this message: "We regularly review and make changes to our plans to reflect the ongoing network and service investment. This is so we can continue to give you the best possible customer experience. "

Please review the process in informing and notifying customers in a upfront way so they can make informed decisions about their purchase decisions. 

Hey @ntlee!

We try to keep our prices as low as possible, and we get how important paying a great price is for you! That said, we do sometimes have to review things so we can continue to give you the quality service you've come to expect form us Smiley

At the moment, all messages regarding your services are sent on the invoice itself, as it is the one document we send out every month to our customers and a great means of communication. Thanks for sharing your feedback though! We'll pass it along to the right team.

mon5

bump.

mon5

fido wants to make more money off people

i dont see vigin mobile doing this to their customers...