why am I unable to upgrade my phone?

I'm a Participant Level 2 jiaojade21
I'm a Participant Level 2

why am I unable to upgrade my phone?

Hi guys, My 3-year agreement began from September 2008. I really wanna upgrade my phone, cuz the phone I have now really sucks. Before I went to best buy and futureshop for a new phone, I checked my fido agreement on Fido.ca, it says I cannot renew my agreement until March, 2011, but I may be able to upgrade my phone to the latest models. Then, I went to futureshop and bestbuy, but both of them told me I have to pay full price (approx. $400). They also said I should have been able to upgrade at a discount price ($30 for my desired phone). I have been with the agreement for more than 2 years, so is there a solution that I can get a new phone at this moment? Please give some advice, thank you!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Re: why am I unable to upgrade my phone?

hi jiaojade21,

If you started a 3-year agreement in Sept 2008, it wont expire until sept 2011. So you are still not eligible you would haev to wait 11 more months until your agreement expires. I would also inquire with the CSR thou to be sure, this is because I hear they are letting people renew a few months before the expiry date, I dont know how many, but you should inquire.

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 jiaojade21
I'm a Participant Level 2

hey Paolo but i do know you don't have to wait until your agreement ends to upgrade your phone cuz some of my friends upgraded during their agreement, of course at the discount price thanks anyways
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Rune
I'm a Contributor Level 1

The current promotion for purchasing handsets with a new contract while you're on your old contract is that you can do it 6 months prior to your current contract end date. This is why on your account it says that you can't renew it until March. Until your window in March opens, any handsets will be purchased at full price, minus any Fido Dollars that are available.

The only exception to this currently is the iPhone 4 which I would recommend talking with customer service to verify your eligibility if this is the phone that interests you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4