where is the "Change your SIM" menu?

SOLVED
ac131241
I'm a Contributor Level 2

We're trying to switch sim (for new phone) for an existing pre-paid plan.  But are having trouble following these instructions:

To change your SIM card

• Click on Change your SIM card under the My Fido Service section.
  • In the dropdown menu, select the Fido number to which you need to update the SIM card.
  • Enter the new SIM card number in the required field.
  • Select Next.

we seem to fail at step 2, or is that step 3.

Accepted Solution

Re: where is the "Change your SIM" menu?

Solved by Moderator (inactive) FidoPierre

Hey @ac131241

This particular function is not available on My Account for our prepaid lines.

I'll send you a PM so we can check it out together. Smiley 

View solution in context
10 REPLIES 10
sasasas
I'm a Participant Level 1

No Change SIM Card option.

Foshizzle
I'm a Participant Level 2

As of Feb 1, 2018 the menu still doesn't exist for pre-paid customers but the following seem to bring up the update SIM card page:

1. Log in to My Account
  2. Click here or copy and paste its link to the browser's address bar

EDIT: Nvm, after entering the old and new numbers then hitting next there's an error and you get kicked out to the login page... Speechless

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @ac131241

This particular function is not available on My Account for our prepaid lines.

I'll send you a PM so we can check it out together. Smiley 

ac131241
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Thanks! We called Fido instead.

Can the online help please be updated.

Hey @Sasass! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'll be happy to help you with that. I'll need to know if you have a prepaid account or a monthly account?

Let us know.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll forward it to the team in charge of the website!

JeffMG

4 weeks later and this option is STILL MISSING! How long should it take to reinstall such an important service as activating your SIM?  Uh, 10 minutes?  Very poor service on the part of Fido's IT section.

The Help section still points to the My Account page to Menu items that simply do not exist.

@JeffMG wrote:

4 weeks later and this option is STILL MISSING! How long should it take to reinstall such an important service as activating your SIM?  Uh, 10 minutes?  Very poor service on the part of Fido's IT section.

The Help section still points to the My Account page to Menu items that simply do not exist.

Hello JeffMG,

Welcome to the forums!

Are you trying to change the SIM for a pre-paid or post-paid account? I don't believe it is possible to change the SIM online for a pre-paid account. On the other hand, if you have a post-paid account, the option should be there... however, it is called Update SIM Card rather than Change your SIM. My Account --> Services --> Mobile --> Update SIM Card.

Update SIM.jpg

If it does not appear on your My Account, you may need to call customer service to verify your account information.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @JeffMG!

Thanks for the feedback, we are working on it!

I can activate it for you if you want, let me know if you need my help with your sim card.

fhjfhbfvtbfrctb

Can you change my SIM as well?