what is my text message centre number supposed to be? I am not able to send outgoing texts.

what is my text message centre number supposed to be? I am not able to send outgoing texts.

SOLVED
maiku
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I just got a Samsung galaxy a5 yesterday and already I'm having issues sending texts or people are receiving them multiple times. I read that making sure your message centre number matches providers could help. So if anyone can tell me it. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: what is my text message centre number supposed to be? I am not able to send outgoing texts.

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey maiku!

Our SMS message center number is still 514-993-1123, however, if oyu purchased your phone from us, it's likely that that number is stored correctly in your phone. 

We're aware that some of our customers are experiencing an error message when sending a text but the recipient is receiving multiple texts.

No need to worry! We're working on it and we're doing our best to get everything back to normal in the shortest delay possible. 

View solution in context
10 REPLIES 10
FidoFaiza

Hi @maiku,

Just letting you know that the above issue has now been resolved.

Thanks. 

maiku
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I'm still having same issue on an off today .

Hey @maiku,

It looks like the issue is persisting, but I assure you that we're doing everything we can to get it fixed asap! Smiley

maly_70
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm having this issue since yesterday, i was not solved yet... any help would be appreciated

Hi @maly_70

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Can you give us a bit more information on what seems to be the issue? Are you getting an error message? 

Can you also let us know what phone you're using? 

We'll be happy to help! 

maly_70
I'm a Participant Level 2

I just fixed the issue, msg are working as it should. 

Thank you so much 

Awesome, glad it's working @maly_70!

Was it something special you did? Don't hesitate to share, it could help someone else too Smiley 

Dan100
I'm a Participant Level 1

The problem with sending text messages is not fix. I send a message and this message is now repeated every 3 hours and the receipient cannot send send a message. The receipient is also using a Fido phone and is now out of country. Please get this fix as text messages is 74 sent at her location. Will Fido refund the charges?

Hello Dan100,

Welcome to the community!

Have you verified that your recipient is able to use their phone at their destination? If your message is trying to send repeatedly, it seems like it might not be reaching her.

Where is your recipient visiting? What phone is she using? Had she verified that her phone was compatible with the local networks?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey maiku!

Our SMS message center number is still 514-993-1123, however, if oyu purchased your phone from us, it's likely that that number is stored correctly in your phone. 

We're aware that some of our customers are experiencing an error message when sending a text but the recipient is receiving multiple texts.

No need to worry! We're working on it and we're doing our best to get everything back to normal in the shortest delay possible.