voicemail

I'm a Participant Level 1 fmr
I'm a Participant Level 1

voicemail

how do I activate voicemail?  The text said to press and hold "1" and follow prompts.  I did and it asked for a number.  I figured this was a password so I put in four digits and not it seems that is the number it trys calling to get my voicemail????

Accepted Solution

Re: voicemail

It appears your SIM was Not provisioned with the voicemail retreival number, thus it was prompting you to enter it when you dialed 1 to check voicemail.  Since you entered a password into there, it is now trying to CALL that number, and the call will be rejected because it is not a valid telephone number to call.

You can do 2 things here.  1. Call customer service, and ask for a re-send to switch, it will push the correct voicemail retreival numbers onto your phone's sim card and store it so when you press and hold the 1 key, it phones it.

or 2. if that does not work, you can call a customer service agent, and he/she will walk you through the steps and give you the correct retreival number for your voicemail node.

Hope This Helps

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2
Solution

It appears your SIM was Not provisioned with the voicemail retreival number, thus it was prompting you to enter it when you dialed 1 to check voicemail.  Since you entered a password into there, it is now trying to CALL that number, and the call will be rejected because it is not a valid telephone number to call.

You can do 2 things here.  1. Call customer service, and ask for a re-send to switch, it will push the correct voicemail retreival numbers onto your phone's sim card and store it so when you press and hold the 1 key, it phones it.

or 2. if that does not work, you can call a customer service agent, and he/she will walk you through the steps and give you the correct retreival number for your voicemail node.

Hope This Helps

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

The number is +15145838210. Just configure the voicemail number in your phone to that and it should be fine afterwards.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

there is different numbers assigned to different voice mail nodes and different areas. be CAREFULL and call CSR to choose the RIGHT one, otherwise you might get dinged for long distance even if you dial a local number but for a different VM node your not provisioned on.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Former Moderator FidoFrank
Former Moderator

Thank you Paolo for your help on this.  You are correct. When in doubt, give us a call (or visit the website). 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Fido Employee Amanda1
Fido Employee

Hey everyone! 

I just saw this and I thought I'd provide some updated information in case anyone else comes across this. Smiley

There are now only two voicemail retrieval numbers for all subscribers. For customers subscribed to iPhone Visual Voicemail, it is +1-647-839-6178, and for all other customers with Voicemail, it is +1-416-821-6549.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6