visual voicemail on Nokia Lumia 920

SOLVED
Elgreco
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi, I recently got a Nokia 920 W8 phone from Rogers unlocked.

Transfered my iphone 5 sim card to it (had to improvise to fit it as it takes the micro and not nano) and works fine.

Problem is I am not getting VV in it. I called and asked to reset it just in case but I have not received anything.

Any help on how to set it up would be appreciated it. I have searched on different threads online and know that people have made it work. At least with ATT .

Thanks.

Mario.

Accepted Solution

Re: visual voicemail on Nokia Lumia 920

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJudhy

Hey Elgreco!

Which version of the Visual Voicemail was added to your account?

It's important that it is the Visual Voicemail via MMS that was added as it is the only one that will be compatible with your device. If you do not have this one, please contact us to have it updated.

If you do have the Visual Voicemail Plus via MMS, can you please confirm whether or not you receive regular MMS? If you are unsure, please try to send yourself a picture via text message and see if you receive it.

If you do not, then, it'd mean that you may not have the proper settings for the MMS. I would suggest that you take a look at this thread:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/message-id/5855#M5855

Let us know how it goes!

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
talys1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I discovered a most bizarre solution to my Windows Mobile 10 MMS problem.  Thought I would share.

The device: an unlocked Nokia 830 that for the life of me I couldn't get to work with MMS (and therefore VVM).  I had another Nokia Lumia 830 purchased from Fido from back in the days the sold these, still on WP8.x and that one did work with MMS. 

Frankly, I didn't really care, because neither MMS nor VVM are a big deal to me, but I was giving the phone to my wife, who does want it to work.  The 830 running Windows Mobile 10 uses ltemobile.apn for internet.  Amazingly, I found that the 830 running WP8 had no MMS APN, but MMS worked.  So I ** deleted the MMS APN in 10 ** And magically, it worked.

In case it matters, the default Internet APN profile was auto-set:

Default APN - Profile name (blank)

APN: ltemobile.apn

Username, Password (blank)

Type of sign-in info - none

IP Type: IPv4v6

Use this APN for LTE and replace... <unchecked>

Proxy server blank

Proxy Port blank

Apply this profile checked

MMS APN - None!

Data roaming is on.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @talys1! That's so awesome, thanks for sharing. Very_Happy

SteveDemy
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'm getting Visual Voicemail just fine on my Nokia Lumia 920.  Go to the mobile network settings, near the bottom, push the button called "edit internet apn":

APN: ltemobile.apn

Username: <leave blank>

Password: <leave blank>

Proxy server (URL): <leave blank>

Proxy port: <leave blank>

IP type: IPv4v6

Go back then push the button called "edit mms apn".

APN: Fido mms

Username: <leave blank>

Password: <leave blank>

WAP gateway (URL): <leave blank>

WAP gateway port: <leave blank>

MMSC (URL): http://mms.fido.ca/

MMSC port: 80

Maximum MMS size: <leave blank>

IP type: IPv4v6

I don't claim these settings are perfect, and clearly if you wanted WAP or needed a proxy they'd have to be different.  But both internet sharing and visual voicemail are working for me using these settings.  I'm in an LTE coverage area FWIW.

P.S. When I first tried voicemail I found it was not active at all.  The initial parameters set by the CSR was incomplete.  A second call today found the problem and made it right.  So if you have a new service, correct phone settings and it still won't work, you might confirm that it's set up right at Fido.

volkvin
I'm a Participant Level 2

Used all settings as provided in your post. No luck on sending mms.

Hey volkvin!

I invite you to have a look at this thread:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/message-id/5855#M5855

It includes troubleshooting steps to follow if you are unable to send / receive picture messages.

Let us know how it goes!

NagoyaX
I'm a Contributor Level 1

If you have a rogers 920, you dont need to change any settings... it will work just fine...

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hey Elgreco!

Which version of the Visual Voicemail was added to your account?

It's important that it is the Visual Voicemail via MMS that was added as it is the only one that will be compatible with your device. If you do not have this one, please contact us to have it updated.

If you do have the Visual Voicemail Plus via MMS, can you please confirm whether or not you receive regular MMS? If you are unsure, please try to send yourself a picture via text message and see if you receive it.

If you do not, then, it'd mean that you may not have the proper settings for the MMS. I would suggest that you take a look at this thread:

Let us know how it goes!