visual voice mail

visual voice mail

visual voice mail

SOLVED
roughrider
I'm a Contributor Level 2

visual voice mail

i have a galaxy s4 and have visual voice mail included in my plan, i can't get it to work. People call and i don't get texts or voice mails. is anyone having any luck getting  it working? are there special settings to put into the phone?

Accepted Solution

Re: visual voice mail

Solved by I'm a Contributor Level 2 roughrider

ok, i got the text notification working now, i hope it and the visual voicemail  continue to work.

Chris

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
FidoCristina
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

I'd like to add a little update since I came across this thread Smiley

The visual voicemail app for Android is decommissioned, it will still continue to work for users that have it already installed.

The newer version of visual voicemail works through mms, no app is needed.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

lenn
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have an adriod phone S5 and I have a Visual Voicemail Plus that is included with my plan. It was working fine until it stop last week( I get mms, it includes text message and audio) Now, everytime I get a voicemail, I don't get notification that I have a new voicemail and It doesnt send an audio or a text message. 

This is the second time that that happens to me and Tech support can't seem to help me.

FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator

Hi roughrider,

Try downloading the application from google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fido.vvm&hl=en

This is the official visual voicemail app we have for androids. Let me know if this works for you! Smiley

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

roughrider

thanks amanda it seems to be working for now , however i am not receiving text notifications of the visual voicemails

Chris

Hey roughrider,

The visual voicemail allows you to listen to it, if you want it to convert as SMS, you can contact an agent by chat to have them modify this for you. (or by phone at 611)

- In the My Accountsection, enter your Fido phone number (or Group ID) and password and click Log in
- Once the page reloads showing your account options, click on Chat now in the My Fido Service section

Representatives are available weekdays from 8 AM to midnight, Eastern Time.

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

roughrider

ok, i got the text notification working now, i hope it and the visual voicemail  continue to work.

Chris

roughrider

Just an update, i received 2 visual voice mail notifications at 10 am this morning. The voice mails were wishing my wife a happy birthday. She heard the messages this am when we should have gotten them last thursday night at 7 pm!! as the date and time stamp on the messages were.

visual voice mail not working STILL!!

CGallagher

I have had my S4 since it was launched. The visual voice mail app has never worked for me. Keeps telling me I am nit subscribed even though it is on my account. I used to get the test messages with the audi file and the content of the message as text.

I now only get the audio file. When will this get fixed.