unlimited text messages - free for international?

I'm a Participant Level 1 vbwkws
I'm a Participant Level 1

unlimited text messages - free for international?

I have the $30 standard plan with unlimited text message. If I text to Japan or China, will I need to pay extra cost? If someone from Japan or China text to me, will I receive it free? so confused about it........

Accepted Solution

Re: unlimited text messages - free for international?

Hello,

If you have the version of the plan that is currently listed on the website then you do not have to worry.  The $30 Standard plan includes messaging to anywhere in the world.  You just need to make sure that you are messaging another mobile phone from your mobile.  (Text to landlines is not included) as well you must be in Canada sending the message.  Receiving messages is always no charge no matter what plan you  are on. 

If you are unsure of what plan you have you can always call in to customer service to have them validate it for you. 

Happy texting!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Fido Employee Spy2300
Fido Employee
Solution

Re: unlimited text messages - free for international?

Hello,

If you have the version of the plan that is currently listed on the website then you do not have to worry.  The $30 Standard plan includes messaging to anywhere in the world.  You just need to make sure that you are messaging another mobile phone from your mobile.  (Text to landlines is not included) as well you must be in Canada sending the message.  Receiving messages is always no charge no matter what plan you  are on. 

If you are unsure of what plan you have you can always call in to customer service to have them validate it for you. 

Happy texting!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2