to call local from Oshawa to Pickering

I'm a Participant Level 1 brucemcl
I'm a Participant Level 1

to call local from Oshawa to Pickering

Guys - I've just spend exactly an hour on hold waiting for Fido support to tell me what is the best jurisdiction to change my number for this call.  Then they say the system is on maintenance so they don't know.  Plus the guy had no understanding of the GTA geography.

Heres my situation - I live in Pickering and work in Oshawa, and have a 416 toronto area code on the Fido.

Everytime I call home from Oshawa I get dinged for long distance.  I want to change to a 905 area code but if possible be able to call Toronto locally and anywhere in Pickering - Ajax  - Whitby - Oshawa.

So which jurisdiction will work best for me of the Pickering - Ajax - Whitby -Oshawa area codes?  My most common call will be from Oshawa to Pickering (905).  But I have no idea of the Fido boundaries on long distance.  And right now neither does Fido,

Thanks for any help.

Bruce

Accepted Solution

Re: to call local from Oshawa to Pickering

Hey guys! 

I know this post is a bit old but I would like to provide some information in case anyone else were to have a similar question in the future. Smiley

Paolo is correct! In your situation a Pickering phone number would be the best option for you. 

Fido does offer phone numbers for Pickering. The area code for the Pickering numbers that Fido offers is the 289 area code. With a Pickering phone number, calls to and from Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa and Toronto would all be covered by the local calling area and thus would be considered as local calls. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

wouldnt a pickering number be beneficial in this case? i believe that pickering is local to oshawa and toronto, give them a call and double check if they have pickering numbers available
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Fido Employee Amanda1
Fido Employee
Solution

Hey guys! 

I know this post is a bit old but I would like to provide some information in case anyone else were to have a similar question in the future. Smiley

Paolo is correct! In your situation a Pickering phone number would be the best option for you. 

Fido does offer phone numbers for Pickering. The area code for the Pickering numbers that Fido offers is the 289 area code. With a Pickering phone number, calls to and from Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa and Toronto would all be covered by the local calling area and thus would be considered as local calls. 

I hope this helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3