texting from a tablet

texting from a tablet

texting from a tablet

vdschuit
I'm a Participant Level 2

texting from a tablet

Can I send a text to a Fido number from an android tablet?

4 REPLIES 4
AdamBeast
Fido Employee

This really depends on what tablet your use. 

B.E. All models of iPad are intentionally blocked for sending/recieving a text message ( if iMessage doesn't count as a sms) . 

For android tablet, I used only sony z3 tablet compact LTE version, and yes. I can send / recieve and even making calls with this tablet. There is stock app for message and calls pre-installed.  

And of cause, you still need a sim in the tablet and using a plan with sms/calls. 

I am not sure for other android tablet. What tablet are you using? 

On the server side, a tablet or a smart phone, there is no real difference for Fido, as long as your tablet supports the feature, Fido won't prevent you to send/recieve a sms/call, no matter what device your are using. 

PS. If you are using a data only plan for your tablet, you can still send a sms, make/recieve calls but extra charges apply, recieving sms is free though. More details about data only plan can be found here

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey vdschuit,

Welcome to the community!

If you are able to send text messages from your android tablet, there should not be anything blocking you from sending to a Fido customer.

vdschuit
I'm a Participant Level 2

I don't know how to text from the tablet. We don't make calls or text from our android tablet because I don't know how. Would I use a Fido App?  

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2