spam sms

spam sms

spam sms

SOLVED
zerogpm
I'm a Participant Level 1

spam sms

i keep receiving some spam sms, how do i get rid of it?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: spam sms

Solved by Moderator

Hey community!

It's been a while, so I thought I'd provide an update to this thread Smiley

Any Spam texts received, can now be forwarded to the number 7726 (SPAM) so they can be audited from our team and blocked from the Fido network! On most phones, you can easily forward a text by holding down on the body of the message and selecting the forward option.

You can also check out our blog post for more info!

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
FidoNick

Hey community!

It's been a while, so I thought I'd provide an update to this thread Smiley

Any Spam texts received, can now be forwarded to the number 7726 (SPAM) so they can be audited from our team and blocked from the Fido network! On most phones, you can easily forward a text by holding down on the body of the message and selecting the forward option.

You can also check out our blog post for more info!

FidoCristina
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it Smiley

Unwanted sms can be blocked now via extreme text messaging. Fido subscribers can easily access it on My Account on mobile app, under Services tab. 

Keep in mind that this app can only work when connected to Fido mobile network, not on wifi.

Hope it works!

Cheers

maxine30
I'm a Participant Level 2

Over the year the app has changed a lot and this solution does not apply atm Sad

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

another problem is the blocking tools are quite limited, once you enter a phone number or email to block, the spammers will simply change the number to a different one and continue to spam you.  I am also finding spammers sending email spam to phonenumber@fido.ca and fido converts this to an sms and sends it to our phones, is there anyway to shut off this email address so we no longer receive any emails sent to that? most people don't really know it exists except that spammers know it exists and use it very well

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @Paolo

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We are currently working to find a way to block these messages from accessing our network and services and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

Until resolved, I suggest ignoring and deleting the messages Smiley

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

care to explain what kind of spam? like describe the contents of the message, and the number if possible,

we will try to help.

--
I am NOT a Fido employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates.
Chuzney
I'm a Participant Level 1

I also receive spam SMS, and I came to realize that it was text notification of messages entering my Fido Mail. Since most of these messages are spam, their text notifications also unwanted spam. I can't find out how to disable this text notification feature.

FidoJean
Former Moderator

Hi Chuzney,

For this issue you can text 'block  xxxxx@yyyyyyy.com'  to the short code 3436 (FIDO).  (Where xxxxxx@yyyyyy.com is the spam email address.  This will instruct the Fido Email platform to block all messages from this sender. Those emails will not reach either the cell phone nor the webmail account.

For more assistance with email commands please visit  http://www.fido.ca/web/content/messaging/email_to_text , which explains the block command and other features of the  Fido Email  platform.