site shows wrong phone on my account.

idpokute
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I'm using Nexus and iPhone.

When I click my phone-number of iphone on my account page, the page shows ZTE Z222 phone instead of iphone.

how to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@idpokute wrote:

I'm using Nexus and iPhone.

When I click my phone-number of iphone on my account page, the page shows ZTE Z222 phone instead of iphone.

how to fix it?

***Edited to add Labels***

Hello Idpokute,

Welcome to the community!

Had you ever had the ZTE Z222 phone? If you never had that phone, then it would be shown in error and you could send a PM to a moderator, or contact Fido via Twitter or Facebook, or contact customer service and have them fix the error.

However, if you used to own a ZTE Z222 and that is the phone Fido still has on file, it's possible you will get charged the $25 hardware upgrade fee for making the change. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @idpokute!

If you initially had the ZTE phone, that's what would show. For example, my agreement was taken with an LG, and I later on switched to iPhone. My account still shows the LG since that's what my agreement is linked to. Smiley

@Cawtau the upgrade fee only applied if an upgrade was done through Fido. Changing the IMEI on an account wouldn't incur any fees though. Also wanted to let you know that as of today, there is no more $25 hardware upgrade fee, but rather a $15 transaction fee that applies when upgrading.

Cheers!

idpokute

ZTE was my prepaid phone, and I no longer use it.

It sounds like the phone model and picture, in my account page, are not related to my phone number.

Is there any panelty if the phone number and phone model are not matched?

@idpokute There is no penalty. Smiley

Did you transfer your line from prepaid to monthly? That may be why you're seeing the ZTE phone in your account.

idpokute

Nope, I didn't transfer my line. If there is no penalty, that's enough. 

Here is my status.I have 3 phones currently.

1.nexus - monthly plan - still use it - correct nexus5 phone picture in my account page

2.iphone - monthly plan - still use it. - shows ZTE picture in my acocunt page.

3.zte - prepaid plan - I no longer use it, so I don't pay without cancel. I can't see this phone information in my account.

@idpokute That's odd but it can simply be a glitch on the website. It doesn't affect anything in your account though, so no worries. Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@idpokute if you did not get the iPhone from Fido the site will only show the last phone you got from Fido.