sim card from new activation on in old phone

SOLVED
andrewmac
I'm a Participant Level 2

Good afternoon all

i just had a new line added to my fido account and i wanted to take the sim card from the new activation and put it in my other Fido phone (just so i do not break my new phone at work)  i am getting voice but no data (its a windows phone) anyone have any ideas and what could be wrong i have made sure that data is turned on and i have restarted the phone with no luck

Accepted Solution

Re: sim card from new activation on in old phone

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Andrewmac,

Welcome to the forums!

I would agree with @FidoRachel, one of the first things to try would be to verify the APN settings.

Was your old phone LTE capable? If not, it would need the two APNs: fido-core-appl1.apn and mms.fido.ca.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Andrewmac,

Welcome to the forums!

I would agree with @FidoRachel, one of the first things to try would be to verify the APN settings.

Was your old phone LTE capable? If not, it would need the two APNs: fido-core-appl1.apn and mms.fido.ca.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

andrewmac
I'm a Participant Level 2

thanks for the replies, yes it is LTE capable Nokia 830, i will double check just incase. i am able to recieve picture texts just fine

thanks again 

@andrewmac wrote:

thanks for the replies, yes it is LTE capable Nokia 830, i will double check just incase. i am able to recieve picture texts just fine

thanks again 

Hello again,

Thanks for the additional information. Interesting that you're able to receive picture texts because that would require data.

For LTE devices, the APN setting should be ltemobile.apn. If the 830 is anything like the 520, they might be using slightly different terminology for some of the settings.

APN  : ltemobile.apn

User Name: <not set>

Password: <not set>

Authentication type : <not set>

Proxy: <not set>

Port: <not set>

WAP gateway (URL): http://205.151.11.13

WAP gateway port: 80

MMSC (URL): http://mms.fido.ca/

MMSC port: 80

IP type: IPv4v6

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey @andrewmac, have you checked the APN settings? 

You'll find more information right here, keep us posted!