I'm a Participant Level 2

service outtage

since yesterday i can not send or receive calls

Accepted Solution

Re: service outtage

Solved by Moderator

Hello Community Smiley

Good news !!

We just received an update from our support team concerning this.

It's now resolved.

Let us know here if you are still experiencing issues with your device.

View solution in context
20 REPLIES 20
Aprice
I'm a Participant Level 1

Both my boyfriend and myself purchased new phones yesterday, different models and neither one of us is able to make or receive calls. The staff at the kiosk claim its a network issue.

I see a couple of users are having the same issues let's get a moderator to look into this and update us.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @mookie2 welcome to the community!

What is the make and model of your phone? Did you try restarting your phone or taking out a d reinserting your SIM card?

You can use Fido's network aid to check if there is any issues in your area, you can find the network aid here.

If there is no issues you can contact Fido through any of the available channels here and have them look into your account.

mookie2

it is i phone 6s , since yesterday evening can not place or receive any calls, tried everything

Hey @Aprice and welcome to the Community.

We received an alert on our end letting us know that customers are experiencing dropped calls right now.

Our support team is aware and they  are working to get this fixed ASAP.

As soon as we have an update, we will let you know here on the Community.

Hey @dheerajaustin

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject.

Other users have been reporting this problem and our support team is working on a fix.

Your patience is appreciated Smiley

Maui1821

I have the same issues. Can't make nor receive calls. I have tried the network aid and it shows my place to have normal connection.

Kindly help me.
Paul_and_Amy

Exact same here.  In Windsor.  Bought 2 phones for wife and I yesterday.  I have LTE connection, 5 bars and text and data are working.  NO calls however.  Have not been able to complete a single call yet on either phone.  Signed up for wifi calling, still nothing.  Newwork checker for my area of course says 'no problem'.

Had normal Rogers acct for 4+years, never a single outage like this.  I hope we haven't made a mistake in switching to a 'bargain' provider.  dam frustrating I must say.

fido_dollars

is the fido network down ?

Hey fido_dollars!

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject. 

Hey Maui1821!

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post this thread so you can get more info about what's going on.

We're doing our best to get everything back to normal as soon as we can. 

We'll keep you posted here. 

Hello Community Smiley

Good news !!

We just received an update from our support team concerning this.

It's now resolved.

Let us know here if you are still experiencing issues with your device.

JasonHan7

Hello,

I'm still having this issue on my Google Pixel XL. I can't receive any calls, it goes straight to voicemail. I called customer service and have been told it's a known issue for Pixel users, but it's been down since Sunday. I need my phone to work, are there any updates on this?

Hey @JasonHan7!

Welcome to the Community! 

We don't currently have any reports of any issues with incoming calls at this time. Are you also experiencing issues with outgoing calls?

Can you also tell me if you've had the chance to power the phone off for a few minutes and then back on?  

JasonHan7

Hi Amanda,

I was told over the phone that this is a known issue for the pixel phones and is to be resolved soon. I make outgoing calls sometimes, but incoming calls are not coming in. Seems like text is working though.

I have tried shutting off and restarting several times yes.

@JasonHan7 Thanks for the info!

We do indeed have an alert that some Google Pixel customers are unable to receive incoming calls intermittently. This is only affecting some incoming calls.

The current workaround is to disable VoLTE. Have you done this?

JasonHan7

@FidoMaria Thanks for confirming that info. I looked into disabling that and I found out that VoLTE and Wifi Calling is not even an option for Google Pixel. There seems to be no option to enable/disable it

@JasonHan7 wrote:

@FidoMaria Thanks for confirming that info. I looked into disabling that and I found out that VoLTE and Wifi Calling is not even an option for Google Pixel. There seems to be no option to enable/disable it

Hey @JasonHan7! New update will be rolled out as of next Monday (June 12) that should fix this issue.

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Do you have the latest software version?

dheerajaustin

Hello Everyone,

Have been unable to make or receive calls since yesterday morning.

Went to the store, the guy changed my SIM saying it's generally a SIM issue but as the provisioning system was down, we couldn't verify if the problem was resolved on the spot.

Even today, am unable to make or receive calls.

Interestingly, am able to use data, calls and text messages are an issue.

I did a network reset on the phone and did an erase on my phone as well to check if it could be an issue with the phone. I'm usin an iPhone 6s Plus, for reference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,