roaming but not roaming

roaming but not roaming

roaming but not roaming

SOLVED
Mpine3
I'm a Participant Level 1

roaming but not roaming

I live in Fort Erie right next to Buffalo New York and my phone tries to roam to maintain the signal. I don't want to pay roaming charges in my home town what can I do
Accepted Solution

Re: roaming but not roaming

Solved by MVP MVP
Because you are close to the border the US towers might be stronger so the phone connects to that instead of the Fido network.

You can change your phone network setting to manual and pick Fido so it only stays on Fido network or have Fido do it on their end to keep your line on the Fido network only which I would suggest.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Mpine3 wrote:
I live in Fort Erie right next to Buffalo New York and my phone tries to roam to maintain the signal. I don't want to pay roaming charges in my home town what can I do

Hello Mpine3,

Welcome to the community!

In addition to what was mentioned above, do you know what network your phone is roaming on? With Fido's extended coverage, your phone could be roaming on Fido-EXT, which would not incur additional charges. From what I understand, there should already be safeguards in place to prevent accidental US roaming along the border while still in Canada.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Because you are close to the border the US towers might be stronger so the phone connects to that instead of the Fido network.

You can change your phone network setting to manual and pick Fido so it only stays on Fido network or have Fido do it on their end to keep your line on the Fido network only which I would suggest.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

I second the manual network scan and lock the phone onto the fido network so it does not grab another carriers signal.