renewing my two lines with fido, have to pay 25.00 for each line?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

renewing my two lines with fido, have to pay 25.00 for each line?

I have two lines with fido, one has already with no contract for almost a year ,  the other one is going to be off the contract in middle of january 2014,   I would like to renew my contract with a new hardware with a new plan,    but the customer service online advised me  that Fido will still have to charge me 25.00 upgrade fee for each,   while fido waive the activation fee for a new customer ..  it is ridicilous>>>

and if we like to leave fido,  and port out the number.  fido will charge me for 30 days of service with out a service?   hmm...thats a rob..   customer service advise me that it is a provincial  regulations...so if we would like to leave and port the number you will be charge a 30 days service without a service.... I will consider it hardly .either to leave with paying 30 days without a service on my two lines... whether it is worth it or not

and at the end of my chat with fido customer service,  he mentioned that try to call fido before leaving fido,  find out whether fido will give a promotion to keep me as a customer ...

***Edited to add labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Re: renewing my two lines with fido, have to pay 25.00 for each line?

There is no activation fee for no customers, so Fido isnt waiving anything.   The HUP is a standard fee  that is charged for several reasons, which the reps can explain to you, if you really want details about the charge,  if you are a long time client, you could always ask questions about if possible to get a better plan to save money, or a better offer to keep you as a client, you could also ask if possible to have the fees waived.  I am sure if you have a good history with Fido, they can do something for you.  I think you need to ask more questions to the reps and maybe even speak to someone else other than front line customer service if you are this upset with Fido, itd be a shame to lose you as a customer before knowing all of your options!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Re: renewing my two lines with fido, have to pay 25.00 for each line?

Another customer unhappy with the HUF.  Really Fido, would it be so hard to bury that fee into the advertised price?  Instead of advertising Nexus 5 for $500 you could simply advertise it for $525 and not have loyal customers wishing to extend their contracts feeling ripped off.  There is no reason it cannot be done. 

The HUF is the biggest reason I don't/won't have a contract with Fidl.  FWIW I just changed my plan from a $25 talk and text plan with $6 add on and $2 add on to a superior $30 plan and got 10% BYOD off the bill. The fee is conterproductive imo and defeating the purpose.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3