"We're sorry, you're no longer accumulating FidoDollars! WHAAT?! NOOOOO?!?!?

SOLVED
swats1204
I'm a Participant Level 2

I understand that the Fido Rewards Program was DISCONTINUED! What I don't understand is WHYYYYYY??!?

This was one of the only good things left from FIDO, now you've basically become erxactly like every other network provider, some deals are even better on some other providers. I've been with Fido for almost 20 years, and I've been using Fido Dollars regurlarly for phone upgrades every couple of years. Now, I can get an iPhone X with Rogers for about 200$ less...So once again WHY????? Why cancel one of the ONLY thing that sets you apart from the rest? Am I the only one, who didn't take advantage of this? I even used to brag about this as an argument with friends on other networks!

Accepted Solution

Re: "We're sorry, you're no longer accumulating FidoDollars! WHAAT?! NOOOOO?!?!?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoPamela

Hey @swats1204!

Welcome to the Community! 

FidoDollars were pretty awesome indeed but we've decided to let them go to make more room for features you can enjoy right away such as Fido Roam, Data Bytes and Spotify Premium. Smiley 

If you still have some, you can definitely use them towards a new phone. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need some info on the offers we'd have to upgrade your phone. 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Swats1204,

Welcome to the community!

From a consumer standpoint, I think we all loved Fido Dollars! Unfortunately, however, from a business standpoint, loyalty rewards of that nature are not financially feasible with a large customer base. Suppose they gave $1 in loyalty for every customer. Right there that would amount to well over $3.3 million dollars (Fido's customer base in May 2013; see here) in loyalty payout. Fido has likely gained a number of customers in the interim and I have a feeling most customers expect more than a mere buck in loyalty. I don't think any company can justify paying out that amount of money in the name of loyalty.

With regards to the iPhone X, you should note that Rogers' lower upfront cost means that the monthly costs are higher. Fido's offering is not out of league with the other providers. In fact, Rogers offers two subsidy options for you to choose (see here).

Additionally, be careful with some of the better deals from the other providers. Not all plans or providers offer the same services. Often, you're just not paying for what you're not getting.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @swats1204!

Welcome to the Community! 

FidoDollars were pretty awesome indeed but we've decided to let them go to make more room for features you can enjoy right away such as Fido Roam, Data Bytes and Spotify Premium. Smiley 

If you still have some, you can definitely use them towards a new phone. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need some info on the offers we'd have to upgrade your phone.