"Unlimited Incoming Calls" on prepaid service

SOLVED
Kitkatz
I'm a Participant Level 1

"Unlimited Incoming Calls" on prepaid service

Hello,

I am on a 35$ pre-paid (or pay-as-you-go) plan. In the description, it says:

"Airtime Rate
By the Month - $35 monthly fee for 100 anytime local minutes, unlimited local Evening (7pm to 7am) & Weekend (Friday 7pm to Monday 7am) calls, unlimited incoming calls and unlimited outgoing Canadian, US and International text messages, 35¢ per minute for other local calls."

From this, I get the impression that if someone calls me, regardless of where, it will be free. I want my father to call me (he's about 5 hours east). However, another page says "unlimited local calling", although I can't find the page in particular. 'm wondering why there are descrepancies between the two pages and if I should go ahead and let him call me. I don't want to be charged 35 cents a minute since I plan on having a long conversation.

If anyone knows which statement is accurate, please let me know.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: "Unlimited Incoming Calls" on prepaid service

Solved by Community Manager

Hi Kitkatz,

As long as you are in your local calling area, you will not incur long distance charges for calls received - no matter where the call is from. If ever you leave your local calling area, every call received will be long distance.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoStephen
Community Manager

Hi Kitkatz,

As long as you are in your local calling area, you will not incur long distance charges for calls received - no matter where the call is from. If ever you leave your local calling area, every call received will be long distance.

Hope this helps!