I'm a Participant Level 2

possible fraud

I got a text from this number here is the text
(1)Fido Solutions Refund! Deposit your money at: http://e-transfers-interac.ml
What is this??

Accepted Solution

Re: possible fraud

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Laurahawkins72 and welcome to the Community.

Thanks for flagging this.

This is clearly a Spam. You can find the steps to follow to report it on our blog here.

View solution in context
22 REPLIES 22
Karma1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I got the same thing is a scam do not going on the link if you pay to mutch fido give the money back on your accontD2EC5E67-1FBB-4762-A72C-CCCD8A77B0AC.jpeg

Bcc15

Screenshot_20180512-065852_Messages.jpeg

According to one of the response, scam messages will be coming from a phone number and legit messages from fido will come from 4 or 5 digit number. The message i have attached is obviously scam and coming from a 4 digit number. Almost fooled me with the 4-digit there.

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Make sure to flag all the messages you receive @Mongriue

Mongriue
I'm a Participant Level 3

This is the message what I got .

and I wrote down my email and password when I got this type of message at then first time. I don't have any trouble until now. Should I do something ? 

29510F32-7799-47B7-8B88-33CD9F983963.png

@Mongriue

You can flag such messages by forwarding them to the number 7726 (SPAM), to do so simply hold the body of the message and follow the options.

Also, it's important that you try to avoid sharing and personal information, clicking on any links or opening any attachments whenever you receive any such suspicious text messages. If you have opened the link and provided any of your information, I'd suggest checking out this page for everything you can do now to protect yourself and your information.

slimthumb

Yes I receive the exact same message. How can it come from a 4-digit Fido code?

EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

I got one too. Unfortunely it was deleted before I could report it.

Mikeej8
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I got one the other day...sadly I deleted it. it said that something went wrong and my payment of $53.00 was refunded and I needed too repay. This is all in a text. And in two years I have never got this kind of text from Fido. The site it sent me too looked just real...thank god i never clicked on. It looked just like this. 3628i807CBED8567D2480.jpg

Hi @Mikeej8

That's not from us! You can also read more about this kind of scam right here.

wael93

Ugh I accepted the deposit and put it my info. What can I do??

Hello Wael93,

Welcome to the community!

In light of the fact you unwittingly provided your personal information to them, have you taken the appropriate measures? At the very least you should change your passwords and cancel your credit card...

You should also consider forwarding the text message to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. Fowarding the information to Fido will help prevent others from receiving the same texts. Since you provided personal information, the Anti-Fraud centre may be able to provide the link to authorities to possibly track the scammers.

You should also consider the advice here. It may seem like a hassle, but any preventative measures taken now are definitely better than trying to sort out stolen identities after the fact.

I'm sorry you have been deceived by those texts. It happens to the best of us. That's why it's so lucrative for the scammers. 

What's done is done. Now you just need to protect yourself.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

wael93

Hi,

I contacted my bank right away. They told me to factory reset my mobile. They also suspended my bank account until I changed my password and verification questions. 

ordinaryguy

I just got a text from+1 902 853 5062

Says due to a billing error, I got sent a refund.  Allow 48 hrs before refunds appears.

refund-mobility.com/fido

I didn't click on the link, is this a fraud of some kind?

This is clearly a Spam. Click here for instructions on how to report the message!

Miniemouse-2000

Got a text and it sent me here (*#*#*#*#) 

Hey @Miniemouse-2000

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

I removed the link from your post as it seemed to appear as an unsafe link. This message definitely doesn't seem to be coming from us. These types of messages usually come from certain individuals trying to gather information about people for fraudulent activities.

We're constantly trying to fight this kind of behaviour and it would be a great help to us if you could transfer this text message to (7726). 

I would then suggest deleting this message from your phone. You can also read more about this right from here

FidoKenny

Hey @Laurahawkins72 and welcome to the Community.

This is clearly a Spam. You can find the steps to follow to report it on our blog here.

Laurahawkins72

Thanks now I feel better:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart: love fido

Thanks for the shout out @Laurahawkins72

If you still need our help, don't hesitate to reach out !!

Mongriue
I'm a Participant Level 3

If I already clicked the file which was attached on text, then how I can do?
Do I charge money? I haven't gotten this message before, so I clicked it..........