plan change fee

plan change fee

plan change fee

SOLVED
RedDuncan
I'm a Participant Level 1

plan change fee

I recently called the customer service number to see about changing my plan to include more data every month as I've been regularly going over. The rep. I talked to quoted me an almost $400 fee for this change, I thought this was ridiculous and the rep. Couldn't justify the charge to me.

Accepted Solution

Re: plan change fee

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey RedDuncan!

Welcome to the Community! 

There's no fee for changing your plan but if you're on a contract and select a plan within a different category than yours (for example, a BYOP plan which offers no subsidy with a contract) then a downgrade fee would apply. KAPABLE-K is correct. This is likely the fee that the rep was quoting you. 

Hope this helps. Smiley

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@RedDuncan do you currently have a contract? It could be the rep quoted you the amount to buy out the contract in order to change the plan. Fido also have a Data Top-Up option you can get more info here and here.

Hey RedDuncan!

Welcome to the Community! 

There's no fee for changing your plan but if you're on a contract and select a plan within a different category than yours (for example, a BYOP plan which offers no subsidy with a contract) then a downgrade fee would apply. KAPABLE-K is correct. This is likely the fee that the rep was quoting you. 

Hope this helps. Smiley