picture quality

picture quality

picture quality

Lindamundry
I'm a Participant Level 1

picture quality

Wen I bought my phone I requested a phone with the best and easiest camera, unfortunately compared to everyone who owns a samsung phone, mine is the hardest camera to handle and it takes the worst pictures, nobody wants to take pictures from my phone, they say its to complicated then they grab theyre own Samsung phones and just clic and voila best pics ever. I want to know why the person who sold me the phone sold me this particular **bleep** camera phone.

My phone is the Samsung 4S Lte.

1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Lindamundry wrote:

Wen I bought my phone I requested a phone with the best and easiest camera, unfortunately compared to everyone who owns a samsung phone, mine is the hardest camera to handle and it takes the worst pictures, nobody wants to take pictures from my phone, they say its to complicated then they grab theyre own Samsung phones and just clic and voila best pics ever. I want to know why the person who sold me the phone sold me this particular **bleep** camera phone.

My phone is the Samsung 4S Lte.

Hello Lindamundry,

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your phone's camera. After searching online, I haven't noted any particular complaints with the camera on that phone. In fact, many have said that it is a rather solid camera. Which other Samsung phones are you referring to?

What do you mean when you said 'hardest camera to handle and it takes the worst pictures'? Are the photos out-of-focus? Or do they have poor colour or poor lighting? Do they lack detail? Do they appear dull or grainy?...

If you're finding your photos are the latter, it may have to do with a setting in the camera called high dynamic range (HDR). While it has been touted to 'produce a single image with a higher range of colors and brightnesses', it is not suitable in all circumstances, especially low light. You can refer here, for some additional information. 

If you find that the camera is not focussing properly, you could try to set the metering mode to matrix:

Settings >> Metering Mode >> Matrix

I know you said you wanted the 'easiest' camera. Once you have found some general settings you are happy using, your phone should also be clic and best pics ever. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers