phone will power off and restard multiple times then freeze up

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

phone will power off and restard multiple times then freeze up

phone will power off and restard multiple times then freeze why does it do this its 2 weeks old and hardly used

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

Re: phone will power off and restard multiple times then freeze up

you could provide more information about the make and model of the phone, but I don't think it matters.  I sounds like that phone is defective.

it could be defective software so try a full reset before giving up on it.

you SHOULD be able to take a defective set back to the store you bought it at and get a full, new replacement HOWEVER what will probably happen is, the Fido store will imply that you may have damaged it and it will have to go back to the manufacturer to get evaluated and repaired.

No, you likely won't get a replacement phone right away or get a loaner phone because Fido wipes their hands of any responsibility for selling you a defective set.  Somebody else's fault.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

I noticed you have an iPhone since you posted in the iPhone section.  There is hope for you and its actually a lot easier than what oblaP claims.  Simply take your Apple iPhone, regardless if its a 3G, 3GS or 4 to the nearest Apple Store to you, and simply just give it to the Apple Genius counter. They will fix or replace your apple iPhone for you within the warranty period.

Some things you might want to try BEFORE you take it to Apple, try a Full factory Reset, and check to see if an Updated Software exists for your phone model, this might solve it without the need to take it to apple, but if it doesn't, then you can take it to apple.

Hope This Helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello kennorman,

Here is the link on how to restore your Iphone to new. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

I hope this helps,

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

hello, Jonathan
i was wondering if you or anyone you know has or is having any similar problems with sony ericson vias pro. Back in june my phone started to experience some weird things, like it would start freezing up on me and then it would go back to the flight mode automatically and then it started to send out text messages repeatedly over and over again. my friends would tell me that i sent them text messages but they said it would be blank. I also had other problems too. I brought my phone into fido and they told me all they can do is send it in and have it repaired, but now its past its warranty. Any suggestions what i should do
thank you for reading this, boulderdash
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5