cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone reservation system

fidude
I'm a Participant Level 3

seriously? i get a text about being able to reserve one of this years most anticipated smartphones, log in assuming i would be able to pre order the nexus 5 or the Xperia Z1. But the only phone is an iphone? an iphone 5c at that? why isnt the iphone dead yet

215 REPLIES 215

impressions
I'm a Contributor Level 1
Update today it's in progress

bernoulli
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Me too. iPhone 5S White 32G. From 55 to in progress today. in Montreal.

According ot the thread, that could still take 1 week before it lands in our hands...

- David

Jul74
I'm a Participant Level 1
So in progress means about a week delivery time? Started saying in progress on Tuesday evening...

impressions
Haven't moved since beginning of last week, looks like still waiting for a mass shipment to come. I think gold ones are still low

Jul1974
97th in line Greater Toronto Area 5S Gold 32g
I started off on September 24th 749 position
when will I get my darn phone? This is ridiculous wish I got the space grey or silver

impressions

No way, As Gold member would say, I Love GOLDDD

impressions
Me as well, September 20 as well, gold 32gb, in Calgary AB stuck at 114 for the week.

laralou

Hey everyone. So my dad ordered my iPhone 5s through his account on october 6th. It's now a month later and we haven't recieved anything, no confirmation that the phone has been shipped, nothing. We spoke to someone/thing though fido chat last week and they said that I should get it this week, but that never happened. I've called Fido multiple times to find out whats going on but they simply put the problem on Apple, saying that they're the ones in charge of supply and shipping after the orders go through. I know this isn't an Apple forum but isn't it strange that I haven't event gotten a confirmation on the phone's shipment yet? Anyways I'm kinda pissed about the whole thing and have no idea what to do anymore, I'm just curious to know if anyone has or had similar problems. Thanks.

andrhea
I placed my order a week ago and have moved from being 105 to 98 for the gold 64g. I thought I was ahead of the game by reserving a month prior to the contract on my iPhone 4 expiring, but I guess not. The sales rep I spoke to on the phone said that the wait wasn't long and I should have my phone by the time my contract expires (Dec 2) but I think I may have been misinformed ;/

moose82

Well I reserved mine on the 24th of September and was 1030th in line that day for the gold 32gb. Finally, after a month and a half it is showing as "In Progress" as of this morning!! (Last night I checked and was 182nd in line) I hope I receive it by week's end! So happy the wait is almost over!!

andrhea
That gives me some hope! Please update when you receive your phone, I'm cutious as to how long the wait time is between "In Progress" and the delivery date....

moose82

It was delivered today around noon Eastern time at the Fido store of my choosing. I could have gone to pick it up and re-sign right now but I'll be closer to that part of town tomorrow. I'm so happy this is all done! Good luck with yours!

andrhea
As of this evening, mine is now in progress as well! Looks like your luck rubbed off on me - thanks!

dxb

I ordered my 5s on Sept 24th. It's now the 11th of November and I'm still waiting... The most frustrating part is that because the order was done over the phone, I have no idea where I am in the queue and when I call to inquire the only information I get is that the phone is on backorder. It's really ridiculous.

jps2
I'm a Participant Level 2

I was in the same boat.  why don't you try to cancel the order and get the phone direct from best buy or future shop.  (Two stores you can check the stock level online for each store).  I had the same issue - I was told 2-3 weeks, and it wasn't shipped. I had some other issues, but ended up getting the phone from bestbuy.   My plan was all set for the new phone, i just needed to receive it.

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3
Your $25HUP at work...

jokes aside, I really don't think Fido's phone order system can really tell you the status of your phone. Apple really does control the shipment queue. They might decide to send the newest shippment to other higher priority clients prior to Fido. All fido can do is wait.

When a shipment does arrive to Fido, the shipment is then further divided to its clients, (ie, FS, BB Wireless wave, Fido kisok etc) the online queue might be low priority and left out for the next shipment in favor of retail stores, since you already preordered and made downpayment on the phone, why not send the next shipment to malls where they might get a non Fido customer?

If you made a preorder request for over a month, maybe talk to Fido rep about giving you a $50 credit for waiting so long while others are already using the phone. I think it has been done with the HTC One by other carriers.

impressions
At 110 yay

bernoulli

Just checking, has anyone reserved on September 20th and still waiting for the iPhone?

I have the 5S white 32GB reserved and I'm stuck at 57... I'm in Montreal and I haven't seen this line more for at least 1 week or so. it's been officially more than 1 month of total wait and I can't believe that it's taking this long...

I even reserved a phone via customer relations and I have it booked since October 1. They led me to believe that this would be faster but it's obviously not...

andyb0207
I reserved my iphone 5s Gold 16 gb september 20 11:00am I was in position 387

This Monday, I was still in position 267
Tuesday jumped to position 63
Wednesday phone ship Smiley
I Got it yesterday after almost 1month of wait!
At least its worth it, I love my new Iphone !
Hope you guys are going to get yours soon

kulyz
Just go straight to your Fido store to pick up ur phone if it has been shipped ! Dont wait til the rep call you ! Got mine today ! The gold one is beautiful Smiley