phone reservation system

phone reservation system

phone reservation system

fidude
I'm a Participant Level 3

phone reservation system

seriously? i get a text about being able to reserve one of this years most anticipated smartphones, log in assuming i would be able to pre order the nexus 5 or the Xperia Z1. But the only phone is an iphone? an iphone 5c at that? why isnt the iphone dead yet

215 REPLIES 215
impressions
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Holy I was at 400 ytd and now I am at 175, looks like a huge move is comming.

roccojustin
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey, Just wanted to ask how long have you been waiting and what position in line are you now? I was orginally planning to wait for apple store to restock and just get one there but for some dumb reason i decided to reserve one from fido instead and i'm 1350th person in line -.- i feel like i'm going to have to wait MONTHS.

Pierce
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I started out in position 129 for the 5s Silver 32GB in Vancouver. 3-4 weeks later I now have my phone!

Certainly a longer wait that I would have thought being in that position, but the demand was huge. Good luck everyone

kamranhsiddiqi

4pm and still no call Sad

ren596
I'm Experienced Level 1

...And YOU DON'T Want people to buy BlackBerry Either

So What's Your Point?

moose82

Omg I checked and I was 733rd for the gold 32gb 5s 2 hours ago. Just logged back in on a whim and I'm 507!! Now that's a drop! Biggest gain in a day so far, by far
chen_li
I'm a Participant Level 2

checked 2hrs ago, was in #210 for a 16g gold. and it's in progess now!! 

andarosXI

So happy, mine was shipped yesterday and arrived today. Rep called me so Im gonna go get it after my class. Finally xD

kamranhsiddiqi

andarosXI,

Did your phone ship from the Aurora warehouse as well?  I checked my tracking number and it said delivered to Aurora.  I'm hoping it will get to my Fido pickup location by tomorrow.

msdee

I am very disappointed. Fido already knew that Apple is unreliable and delayed with their products, you should have warned costumers about this.., didn't this happen with the previous iPhone 5 and costumers who waited any longer than 15 days are given $50 Credit. So for us costumers who are waiting for the iPhone 5S shall deserve this Credit as well!
SteveL

I am disappoint in fidos reservation system, I reserved on launch day and its been 4 weeks and I have barely moved. 

I think any movement has been due to people canceling their reservations. Customer service is zero help. it does not look like Fido is willing to do anything to help me. 

jt890

I reserved on launch date (i.e. Sept 20th) for a iPhone 5S 32GB Gold. The system told me that I was at position 19.

On Sept 24th, my reservation status changed from "19" to "OPEN".

On Oct 1st, my status changed from "OPEN" to "SHIPPED" and I was provided a UPS tracking number.

The information online from UPS indicated that the phone was signed and delivered on Oct 2nd.

The store I chose is located in a mall in downtown Montreal and the phone was delivered to Lachine (a neighbourhood in Montreal).

It's been 10 business days since the phone has been delivered to somewhere by UPS and I have not heard anything from the store. The Fido store that I chose to have my phone shipped to has not once picked up their phone in the past 3 weeks (they don't even have their vm set up). I went in person last week and a sales rep told me they have not received any shipments and that they will call me when they receive my phone. 

I called Fido customer service today and was told that either:

1) the phone is still stuck at the warehouse in Lachine or

2) the Fido store sold my phone to someone else (!!!).

The customer service rep tried calling the Fido store but again, they did not pick up the phone. The 611 reps that I spoke to were very nice even though they told me that my situation is out of their hands.

Any suggestions to what I should do at this point? Wait? Go speak with the manager at the store? Esclate the complaint on fido.ca?

jt890

So I just picked up my phone 30 minutes ago without incident.

I figured WHY the store wouldn't pick up the phone for the past 2-3 weeks. I noticed that they would store their phone in a drawer/cabinet that is underneath the service counter. No wonder they wouldn't hear any calls.

The sales rep that I dealt with today was very professional (in fact he was the guy that signed the UPS package) along with the 611 customer service reps that I've dealt with the past 2 days, but this whole incident could have been avoided if the store actually called me as promised and/or if the sales rep that I dealt with last week (in person) took the time to check their storage drawer rather than dismissing me like a child.

kamranhsiddiqi

That sucks.  Mine is expected to be delivered tomorrow.  I will be sure to go there tomorrow after work instead of waiting for them to call me.  It's rediculous that you have been calling for so long and that haven't picked up.  I would most definitely issue a complaint with Fido.  Someone from Fido should speak to the manager of that location.  Try to get some credit/compensation for you having to wait that long.

jt890

So I called UPS and they confirmed with me that my iPhone was indeed delivered and signed by someone at the Fido store on October 2nd. So basically the sales rep lied to me when I went in person last week.

I tried calling that store just now and they are not picking up their phone once again. How ironic is it that a store that sells telecommunication services does not pick up their phone!

Fido Store
1500 avenue McGill College, Unit KT210,
Montréal, PQ
H3A 3J5

I will go to the store later today to see if they have my phone.

Either way, I just filed a complaint online at https://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/Make_A_Complaint as it is unacceptable for the Fido store to lie to my face when I went in person (a week after the phone was delivered) and to not answer their phone for weeks!

kamranhsiddiqi

UPS tracking shows that my iPhone was delivered to Aurora.  I called my pickup location, which is in Toronto, and told the Fido person there about that.  They told me it's in their Aurora warehouse and that they should receive it tmrw.  It would be awesome to get it just before the weekend.

Pierce
I'm a Contributor Level 2

The only problem with trying to get the HUP fee waived is this wasn't Fido's fault. They have no control over how many phones Apple ships to them or when. Fido simply places an order, then waits to see what Apple sends with no advanced notice of timelines or allotments.

It's a tough position for them. Where Fido has fallen down, is in communicating this process accurately to us.
Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

I recalled due to high demand for the HTC One back in summer, carriers are giving $50 credit to people who preordered but didn't recieve the phone on launch date and are willing to wait a few more weeks.

andarosXI

was 118 for the 32GB Gold, also in progress now, finally -.-

whyeh

Apparently, they received a big shipment over the Thanksgiving weekend! Both my Gold 16 GB (was @61) and Gold 32 GB (was @51) are now in progress! 

kamranhsiddiqi

finally!  i'm gonna try to get the HUP fee waived considering how long it took the phones to arrive.