phone reservation system

phone reservation system

phone reservation system

fidude
I'm a Participant Level 3

phone reservation system

seriously? i get a text about being able to reserve one of this years most anticipated smartphones, log in assuming i would be able to pre order the nexus 5 or the Xperia Z1. But the only phone is an iphone? an iphone 5c at that? why isnt the iphone dead yet

215 REPLIES 215
blakninja
I'm a Contributor Level 1

It's been 4 hours and they still haven't unpacked the box..

EDIT: called store, the rep who signed the UPS package didn't even know he received an iphone.. he told me he didn't receive any iphone..

i can't even pick it up, lame service.

GpH
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

My UPS notification shows it was delivered, but apparently it isn't delivered to the store directly, but to the Fido warehouse (in my case) in Richmond Hill, not the actual store in Toronto.  The guy at the store said they will get it tomorrow from the Fido depot.

Checked the UPS tracking number and this is indeed true, the shipment was sent to Richmond Hill, not the store.

blakninja

I called UPS, he said they delivered to *store address*. And it's written it's signed by XXX the rep working at the store.

Urgh. Unclear stuffs.

Anyone else got anything?

fellifel
I'm a Participant Level 2

The store called me to let me know both phones were there. Actually, they called to let me know one was there and I asked about the second, which she confirmed was also there.

Pazu

"Dear XXXXXXX, 

Thank you for reserving your new iPhone using the Fido Reservation System. You are now in the queue to get your new smartphone.

In order to be ready for when your iPhone 5s arrives, please call us to discuss your current plan and price options for your device. 

We look forward to hearing from you!"

Got my hopes up, just went to check my status and it is the same as before (OPEN). 😛

vandu2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Dear XXX,

Congratulations! You have reserved a Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Grey through the Fido Reservation System. Your new phone will be shipped to the following Fido store:

Should arrive within 4 days. 

fellifel

Reserved at 3:46am PST, so just after reservations opened.

16 GB 5S Silver, position #11 (then went to 10)

16 GB 5S Gray, position #25 (then went to 22)

Status went to IN PROGRESS on Saturday and got the emails/texts last night that they are shipped. Checked the UPS tracking slips and doesn't appear they've actually been shipped yet, I assume they go out today.

Hopefully they arrive by Friday as I don't think UPS ships on Saturdays. I've waited too long to upgrade my iphone 4!

kikool
I'm a Participant Level 1

Space Grey 64GB --> 248

White Silver 64GB --> 148

Not move. Too long !!!:smileysad:

DrCoone

Wow... now I regret getting 32gb. Should have also went for 64gb. Called FIDO, they say they have no shipments to send out yet.

DrCoone

Still at position 2 and opened
Loulaz

I cancelled my order for the 32GB gold and called them up. They are sending my a 32GB Grey. They only have 16GB and 64GB in stock for the gold. I wanted 32GB.. so grey was my next option 

Pazu

Oh man, should've ordered 64GB for gold. 😕

It's too late for me to go back now as I am still the next in line to get the 32GB gold online, won't cancel unless I can find a 32GB or 64GB in stores.

fidude

everyone, i didnt come here to pick fights, or have to 'prove it'. Google for yourself

My question was simply  "why only iphone".

Today i logged back in to see what new phone was added to the list.

thats my answer, another iphone ( assuming they will add more from time to time that arent just macintosh)

i'm done

if you have something smart to say to me, i wont be reading it. this forums over

Pierce

You sound like a kid. iPhones are highly sought after, especially at launch. Companies wouldn't invest money in creating systems for reservations if they weren't necessary. The demand at launch for the phones you listed simply isn't there, therefore no system is required. You'll probably be able to walk into stores and buy them on release day without issue.
mat84

Hey guys, wondering what the reservation lines are like for everyone else.

I'm in position 94 for the Champagne 5s, 64 GB.

Please post your position.

charmless

I was in position 9 yesterday and today I'm in position 10. How is that even possible?

Phone: 64gb silver

Edit: I reserved at 8:00 am PST on Friday the 20th.

charmless

Just moved from position 10 to "IN PROGRESS"

Phone: 64gb silver

Reserved at 8:00 am PST on Friday the 20th.

Nitrox

Ordered as soon as the site opended which was around 8:01 Friday.  I'm #9 for a Champagne 64GB.  Was #20 friday Morning, then Friday afternoon #16, saturday morning # 16 and finally saturday afternoon at #9.

Can't wait!

DrCoone

Position: 2 (iPhone 5S Gold ~ 32GB)

Time: 6:30am

Loulaz

I wonder if the possition in line is by city or all accross Canada...

vandu2

Montreal too, ordered at 7:04 am EST