phone price match and reimbursement

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 sureshbairwa
I'm a Participant Level 2

phone price match and reimbursement

Hi,

I became fido customer few days ago and i got samsung galexy s4. i did not do any market research and went to the fido store and bought the phone for $100 and calling plan for it. i checked other places i found out that same phone was at $0 and with $75 gift card at other stores such as bestbuy and futureshop. i called customer care and told them everything so since i had used more than 30 minutes so i couldnt return the phone, they told me that since its on the store at $100 price they can not do anything about it. i felt like i lost $175 because i went directly to FIDO store and not to other stores.

yesterday the phone price dropped to $0 at FIDO stores and i called customer care and told them about it. the customer care person told me to go to store when i had bought the phone form as they can reimburse the price change.

Question: is it possible that  something can be done with this sudden price drop from $100 to $0. would the store manager reimburse me? can i do something about it because every penny counts and $100 is very big amount.

Accepted Solution

Re: phone price match and reimbursement

Hi there, 

If you are still within 15 days from the purchase of the phone and the price drops, you will be able to have the balance refunded to you. In your case, since this was a new activation done in store, you will have to go to the store and they will refund the balance. 

In the event that this happens in the future with a renewal, when you order the phone through us, the amount will be refunded to your invoice. 

I hope this answers your question. 

Mathieu

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
Former Moderator FidoMatt
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi there, 

If you are still within 15 days from the purchase of the phone and the price drops, you will be able to have the balance refunded to you. In your case, since this was a new activation done in store, you will have to go to the store and they will refund the balance. 

In the event that this happens in the future with a renewal, when you order the phone through us, the amount will be refunded to your invoice. 

I hope this answers your question. 

Mathieu

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8

Thank you for your reply and i appreciate your suggestion.

is there any document proof which i can show to the store manager and then he can not deny my refund.

I would greatly appreciate. Thanks

Can somebody help, plzzzzzzzzz??????

Suresh

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
Fido Employee Spy2300
Fido Employee

Hi sureshbairwa,

If you go back to the store and speak to the manager they should be happy to provide you with an adjustment. In the event that they will not provide you a refund I would ask them why they are unwilling to because your device is within 15 days of purchase and the price has changed.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8

has this ever happened before and the customer was refunded because of the price drop within 15 days of purchase?

i believe if this is the case then i would talk to them at the store.

If there is anything i would need to show them as a recommendation from Fido, please let me know.

Suresh

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
Fido Employee Spy2300
Fido Employee

Fido changes the prices of their devices from time to time. This is not the first time that such a thing has happened.
You should not have to bring any supporting document from Fido to the store.
Just bring your contract, receipt, phone box etc with you when you go and there should be no problem getting it corrected.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 1 SY7
I'm a Participant Level 1

I just bought a Samsung A8 from Fido on 4/26/2018 for $200 something but they shipped me the wrong phone (A5).  So they reshipped it to me today but when I checked the price online they price for A8 is just $119.  I called Fido customer service and asked for price adjustments and they said phone prices fluctuate all the times, price cannot be adjusted.  The price will remain the same when I placed the order.  What should I do now?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8

Hey @SY7

Welcome to the community Smiley

That's odd.  If you bought the phone within the last 15 days, they should have been able to adjust the price,  I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together.

Talk to you soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8