phone finder

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

phone finder

phone finder

SOLVED
iwona198404
I'm a Participant Level 1

phone finder

how to find a samsung phone from fido service,

Accepted Solution

Re: phone finder

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 2

I think the service from Fido was discontinued last summer.

That said, from your computer, go to Google's Device Manager page and log in using the same Google account you used on that phone. If the phone is powered (obviously) and has Internet access, it will provide you with its GPS location. You don't need to have installed anything beforehand for this to work.

You also have the option of ringing the phone at max volume, locking it, or wiping it.

If you know it's been stolen, contact the police. Trying to recover the device yourself could result in injury to yourself (if the thief is violent) or open you to criminal charges (such as beating up the thief, or breaking into someone's home. "I was trying to recover my property" is not a valid defense). Though if it was stolen, it most likely wiped by now, making it untraceable through the Device Manager.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

I think the service from Fido was discontinued last summer.

That said, from your computer, go to Google's Device Manager page and log in using the same Google account you used on that phone. If the phone is powered (obviously) and has Internet access, it will provide you with its GPS location. You don't need to have installed anything beforehand for this to work.

You also have the option of ringing the phone at max volume, locking it, or wiping it.

If you know it's been stolen, contact the police. Trying to recover the device yourself could result in injury to yourself (if the thief is violent) or open you to criminal charges (such as beating up the thief, or breaking into someone's home. "I was trying to recover my property" is not a valid defense). Though if it was stolen, it most likely wiped by now, making it untraceable through the Device Manager.