phone exchange (nexus 5)

I'm a Participant Level 3 chadhugo
I'm a Participant Level 3

phone exchange (nexus 5)

I bought a nexus 5 and found out the speaker has excessive static when watching videos and also hissing/jingle sounds when the phone vibrates, very annoying.

While still under the 15 day satisfaction guarantee, the fido store, where i originally bought it,  was unable to identify the problem, saying that it is a normal thing amond nexus phones, really....

I still have my papers, original box and accessories, can I still exchange it at another location ? 

Accepted Solution

Re: phone exchange (nexus 5)

Did you use more than 30 airtime minutes? If no then you don't need a reason to change the phone, it's the satisfaction waranty.

If you did go over, then ask them to show you another nexus 5 from their stock and test it, see if if does same thing. If it works just fine on another phone, then how can they claim it is ''normal''.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1
Solution

Did you use more than 30 airtime minutes? If no then you don't need a reason to change the phone, it's the satisfaction waranty.

If you did go over, then ask them to show you another nexus 5 from their stock and test it, see if if does same thing. If it works just fine on another phone, then how can they claim it is ''normal''.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
I'm a Participant Level 3 chadhugo
I'm a Participant Level 3

So after going to the same store for a 3rd consecutive time, they finally managed to give me another nexus 5. I was under the 30 minutes and had all my papers and original accessories.

After speaking with the 3rd different store employee, he was also denying the problem with my phone. I compared it with two other nexus phones and I was convinced that the phone had a major defect.

After talking to his manager, who was unwilling to speak with me, the store employee told me that his manager also did not hear the problem with the speaker and the loose vibration motor BUT are willing to exchange it. Why didn't they just do this during my first trip if they were eventually going to exchange it ? 

I understand they won't accept any liquid of physical damage but my phone was untouched and the problem was with the hardware, not my fault that i was given a defective phone. It was almost as if they were calling me a liar...

Anyways, I will definitely not be going back to that horrendous store anymore ! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3