partial charges for new contract

SOLVED
asak
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have made a new contract with fido. For the first month I have received an extra charge. I would like to know what is that and why it should be like this.

Accepted Solution

Re: partial charges for new contract

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@asak wrote:

I have made a new contract with fido. For the first month I have received an extra charge. I would like to know what is that and why it should be like this.

Hello Asak,

Welcome to the community!

If you're referring to partial charges, that is due to proration. When you start a new contract, your billing cycle usually starts the day after you signed the contract (day 2). On the first day (the day you signed), you will only have access to 1/30th of any allotments in your plan. Accordingly, you will also get charged for 1 day (1/30th of plan rate). However, if you exceeded 1/30th of an allotment that day, you may also get charged for overages. Your first bill will include both your monthly charges and charges for the first day. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@asak wrote:

Hello Asak,

Welcome to the community!

If you're referring to partial charges, that is due to proration. When you start a new contract, your billing cycle usually starts the day after you signed the contract (day 2). On the first day (the day you signed), you will only have access to 1/30th of any allotments in your plan. Accordingly, you will also get charged for 1 day (1/30th of plan rate). However, if you exceeded 1/30th of an allotment that day, you may also get charged for overages. Your first bill will include both your monthly charges and charges for the first day. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers