parental controls on an existing child smartphone: Does fido offer?

SOLVED
ini2
I'm a Participant Level 1

Accepted Solution

Re: parental controls on an existing child smartphone: Does fido offer?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi ini2!

We don't offer parental controls per se, but there are certain restrictions that can be added to an account to prevent unwanted usage (international calls, SMS, etc.).

What exactly were you looking to get? Let me know! Smiley 

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

You might be able to find an app that will help you with that. I remember looking for that a while ago (for Android), and I did find an app that would replace the entire phone's interface, allowing making and answering calls only from contacts (and the child could not create contacts on his own), as well as sending/receiving SMS only from contacts.

I'm unable to find that specific app at the moment, but I haven't spent a lot of time searching. You might be able to find it or another suitable one by searching the net.

Based on my research (long ago, so I could be wrong), such an app cannot be done for iOS.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi ini2!

We don't offer parental controls per se, but there are certain restrictions that can be added to an account to prevent unwanted usage (international calls, SMS, etc.).

What exactly were you looking to get? Let me know! Smiley 

thekerrigans
I'm a Participant Level 2

Time restricted sms?   Can that be offered?

Hey @thekerrigans ,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by time restricted sms. Do you mean to say that you want to set up the phone to be used at specific time of the day only? 

It's not something we can do not.

There are certain services that can be fully blocked like FidoMaria said earlier in the thread but there are no conditional restrictions on our side Smiley