I'm a Participant Level 2

over your data plan by $50.

How do i tern back on my date?

Accepted Solution

Re: over your data plan by $50.

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey Shloimy!

Welcome to the Community!

When you reach the data overage cap, you will receive a text message notification and browser intercept, asking you to accept to continue using data. If you accept by following the instructions, you will be able to continue using data. Keep in mind that additional charges will apply. 

If you do not accept, your data will remain on hold until your new billing cycle begins.

At any time, you can go back to the text message and accept. 

If you deleted the text message, don’t worry, simply open your browser and you will be redirected to the acceptance page.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Shloimy!

Welcome to the Community!

When you reach the data overage cap, you will receive a text message notification and browser intercept, asking you to accept to continue using data. If you accept by following the instructions, you will be able to continue using data. Keep in mind that additional charges will apply. 

If you do not accept, your data will remain on hold until your new billing cycle begins.

At any time, you can go back to the text message and accept. 

If you deleted the text message, don’t worry, simply open your browser and you will be redirected to the acceptance page.

Hope this helps!

Shloimy
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for replying.
After I receive this message I'm on able to access browser so how can I follow the link and with Wi-Fi it doesn't work because it's not on the Fido server

Hey @Shloimy

You should be able to click on the link to unblock the data.

What happens if you try?

Do you get an error message?

Is data diabled in the settings of your phone

Let us know!

Nellaaa
I'm a Participant Level 1

Can you please unblock my data on my device. I deleted the txt message that allows me to do so. Thanks!

Hi there @Nellaaa

Thanks for reaching out!

I've moved your post to this thread, since it's more closely related with this topic! Hope that makes sense!

To answer your question: you can actually unblock the Data from your phone, even if the Text Message was deleted. Simply open up a web browser page, from your phone, and a new message should pop-up!

You should see a message on your screen as soon as you try to use Mobile Data. You'll need to click on the link to accept the extra data charges, and you should be able to use the Internet again!

Can you tell me if this worked? Smiley

To get an idea on how much Internet might be used-up by each application, come check out our Data Calculator Tool on Fido.ca. You can use this to estimate your data usage & find out the plan/add-on that best suits your needs!

You can check your current month's usage:

- By dialing *611 from your Fido phone

- By logging into MyAccount on Fido.ca

- By logging into the Fido App, and click "view usage"

I hope this information was helpful for some!