no service

no service

no service

SOLVED
MrC
I'm a Contributor Level 1

no service

Since I am not having anymore service on my mobile as the extended network coverage is not available and i cannot even use fido wifi, should i still pay the bills sent to me and can I cancel my subscription without being charged any additional amount? 

Accepted Solution

Re: no service

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

@MrC The cancelation fee is related to the subsidy you received on your phone. If you choose to end the agreement early, the remaining balance on the phone will need to be paid.

While we understand that you may not necessarily had the choice to move to an area that isn't covered by Fido, your agreement was taken in a Fido coverage zone and the terms and conditions still apply. 

If you no longer wish to keep your Fido service but don't want to pay the cancelation fee, your option would be to transfer the responsibility of your account to someone who can make use of the service.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @MrC!

Here are a few important things to know about our Extended Coverage policy:

• Access to Extended Coverage is meant for occasional use only, and should not represent the majority of a customer’s usage.
  • Customers are considered to be “high usage” if they use Extended Coverage for 50% or more of their total voice, data and/or SMS usage on 1 number.
  • After 4 consecutive months of high usage, customers are blocked from accessing extended coverage for a minimum of 30 days.
  • Customers may be permanently blocked from access to extended coverage if they continue to be identified as high usage.

The primary service offered & that we charge for is for usage on the Fido network and you remain responsible for your monthly bills. In addition, a cancelation fee may apply should you decide to terminate your services. That said, I've answered your PM and will be more than happy to go over your options with you. Smiley

Talk to you soon!

MrC

As I've moved to and ext network area, i will be in this area for a while, which is more than 4 months. does that mean that i'm blocked and will not have any service anymore? if yes, this doesn't reply to the question if i should pay fido network as i'm not having any service. my coverage has been blocked for more than 30 days now. 

only solution i could see is that you will tell me to move to another area but that can't be done. so tell me whats the other option as i dont want to pay any cancelation fees because I don't have any service from fido what is that fee for then?

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@MrC The cancelation fee is related to the subsidy you received on your phone. If you choose to end the agreement early, the remaining balance on the phone will need to be paid.

While we understand that you may not necessarily had the choice to move to an area that isn't covered by Fido, your agreement was taken in a Fido coverage zone and the terms and conditions still apply. 

If you no longer wish to keep your Fido service but don't want to pay the cancelation fee, your option would be to transfer the responsibility of your account to someone who can make use of the service.