Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

nexus s ineternet conection problem

why cant i get on the internet with my new nexus s

Accepted Solution

Re: nexus s ineternet conection problem

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to update it since I came across it. If you are still unable to connect to data after the steps described by FidoStephen it would be a good idea to make sure that you have the right settings in your phone. I invite you to click here, it will bring you to our page with all our settings information and the steps to follow to set them up in your device.

Hope it helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: nexus s internet connection problem

Hey petermurphy,

I would suggest calling customer service to have them take a look in your account to ensure there are no data restrictions and everything is set up correctly.

If you do not have a data add-on, you should be able to purchase data passes or connect to a Wifi network.

If you have been able to access the internet at an earlier date using the Fido network, I would suggest removing your battery and putting it back it. Also check the following:

-Go under Settings - Wireless & Network and make sure that Wifi and Airplane mode are OFF

-Go under Settings - Wireless & Network - Mobile Networks and make sure that Disable data connection, Data roaming and Use only 2G networks are not checked (OFF)

Let us know how it goes!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee
Solution

Re: nexus s ineternet conection problem

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to update it since I came across it. If you are still unable to connect to data after the steps described by FidoStephen it would be a good idea to make sure that you have the right settings in your phone. I invite you to click here, it will bring you to our page with all our settings information and the steps to follow to set them up in your device.

Hope it helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3