network issues

network issues

naz10
I'm a Participant Level 2

network issues

7 REPLIES 7
naz10

hi i have been a fido customer for almost 15 yrs. i just renewed my contract 6 months ago and got a galaxy S6. i have had problems since then. instead of trying to fix the problem the customer servce insist that i get a new phone and i should renew the contract so i can get a new phone and that shoyld solve the problem. i paid 500 dollars 6 months ago and now yesterday they offered me to renew the contract get a apple phone for another 530 and see if that helps.. which i thought was a very riduculous. so in 6 months i am spending 1000 dollars for a service which is giving me so much issues.. i spoke to anthony yesterday and he said someone will call me in 72 hrs.. i dont think i will renuew my contract with fido anymore  

@naz10 wrote:

hi i have been a fido customer for almost 15 yrs. i just renewed my contract 6 months ago and got a galaxy S6. i have had problems since then. instead of trying to fix the problem the customer servce insist that i get a new phone and i should renew the contract so i can get a new phone and that shoyld solve the problem. i paid 500 dollars 6 months ago and now yesterday they offered me to renew the contract get a apple phone for another 530 and see if that helps.. which i thought was a very riduculous. so in 6 months i am spending 1000 dollars for a service which is giving me so much issues.. i spoke to anthony yesterday and he said someone will call me in 72 hrs.. i dont think i will renuew my contract with fido anymore  

Hello again,

That definitely does not sound right!

Are you still trying to use the S6? Does it have the latest updates? If I remember correctly, the S6 had connectivity issues before if the network was set to LTE/UMTS/GSM. The work-around was to set the network UMTS/GSM. I was under the impression the latest update fixed those issues though.

Again, there are other potential causes of signal issues which don't relate to the phone itself. Have you had a chance to consider some of those possibilities (see previous posts above)?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @naz10!

Thanks for the details, can you confirm if you tested your sim card in a different phone?

FidoPierre

Hey @naz10

Welcome to the community! Smiley 

Can you give us a little more info. on the kind of network issues you're experiencing?

naz10

i get network problems .. i called fido and they said my phone was the problem and i sent for repair my new samsung 3 times and it came back.. but the problem still persist.. i really think its not the phone its the fido network which is the problem... samsung chnaged my mother board of the phone too. but the problem still there. 

@naz10 wrote:

i get network problems .. i called fido and they said my phone was the problem and i sent for repair my new samsung 3 times and it came back.. but the problem still persist.. i really think its not the phone its the fido network which is the problem... samsung chnaged my mother board of the phone too. but the problem still there. 

Hello Naz10,

Welcome to the forums!

May I ask where you got your phone? Is it a phone from Fido? Which phone is it?

Had you previously been with Fido using a different phone? Did you have issues using that phone? Where about do you live? Are you sure you're in an area of coverage?

As @FidoChristina already asked, have you tried your SIM in a different phone? Have you tried a different SIM in your phone?

What do you mean by network problems? No signal at all? Switches networks all the time? Unable to make/receive calls/SMS, etc? No internet?

**edit** Have you checked to see the status of the network in your area? You can do that here.**

Sorry for all of the questions, but a little more information would be helpful to try to figure out what's going on Smiley

Cheers

Hey naz10!

Did you try your SIM card in another phone?

While your phone was getting repaired, did you experience the same problem with a different device?