my sim card is invalid

my sim card is invalid

my sim card is invalid

tn2
I'm a Contributor Level 1

my sim card is invalid

i know my phone is old and odd (Micromax Modu T), but the sim worked on my phone. Now it isnt! without the sim the screen says "Please insert Sim" With the sim card in it says "Please insert a VALID sim" What is going on?!?!?

6 REPLIES 6
tn2

Also I have only been with fido for a month so the sim has only been used for a month.. I do not want to buy another sim card. Is there a way to fix it for free? -.-

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @tn2 & welcome to the Community!

Have you already tried removing the SIM card and reinserting it? Also, if you can test the SIM in another phone, it will help determine if the issue is with the SIM card or the phone.

Cheers! Smiley

tn2

I restarted my phone MULTIPLE times. I just tried the sim on my brother's iphone 6s and it also says invalid sim prompting the message "you have exhasted many times to unlock the sim. Please contact the carrier." So it probably is the sim.

FidoJessica
Former Moderator

Hey @tn2!

I see! Is it possible for you to go to a Fido store to purchase a new Sim card for $10 plus taxes?

tn2

No. I honestly really don't want to. I have been with fido for only a month and i so far i have not had any good experiences. It's been frustrating.

Hey @tn2

I understand where you're coming from. It is never a pleasant situation to go through any kind of technical issue. We definitely want to help you get this sorted out and I'll send you a PM so we can look at some other options together. Smiley